Thread: Surefire DF Head Compatibility

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Surefire DF Head Compatibility

Quick question for those who may know..

I have a 1500 lumen SF M600DF scout that I'm throwing on an SPR. The light in its factory configuration has around 16,000 candela but I'd really like more throw.

After some research I've found that the Surefire Fury DFT 1500 lumen hand held has a higher candela rating at around 28,000-28,500. Now I know the older model scout and fury heads won't fit the 18650 diameter DF bodies, but will the Fury DFT head fit the M600DF body and vice versa?

It would be nice to swap the heads around and have a hand held with a wider spill, and use the Fury head on the rifle for throw. I'd rather not use the Fury in a 1" mount as the Fury body can't run the DS tail cap and I will be running a tape switch.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That is odd a hand held would have more throw than WML, I always thought the Fury series had more flood than throw. I have SF M600DF and have been wanting to pick up a Fury DFT as well so I'm interested.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Take a look at this https://modlite.com/collections/all-...okw-light-head

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    What mig1nc said. Check out Modlight, their light bodies and heads are top notch. I am running one of their 18350 bodies with an SF DF head and it is legit. I am planning on picking up a few of their standard and IR heads for some lights.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That is odd a hand held would have more throw than WML, I always thought the Fury series had more flood than throw. I have SF M600DF and have been wanting to pick up a Fury DFT as well so I'm interested.
    That's what I thought as well. I'm fairly certain the older model Fury was indeed a wider throw than the standard M600. Giving the DF M600 less throw than the Fury DFT makes no sense to me, but if I can have my cake and eat it too buy swapping heads I'll be happy.

I will say I like the M600 DF on my other rifles so far, so it's by no means a bad light as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Take a look at this https://modlite.com/collections/all-...okw-light-head

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    That's definitely an option and I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm not sure if I like the idea of not being able to run standard 123's. I've already got a decent stock of 123's and since I need a new handheld as well the DFT would knock out two birds with one stone.. If the head swap works that is..

Also I can get a Fury DFT for $135 vs that head alone for $250 so there is a pretty wide price gap there.
    Last edited by Rogue556; 03-17-19 at 20:51.