Thread: 458 socom 10rd plug or limiting follower...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

458 socom 10rd plug or limiting follower...

It is my understanding that a standard USGI mag body holds 11 rounds of 458 scocom.

I also have seen that some places offer USGI-ish looking mags that are allegedly 10 round 458 socom mags.

If they are advertised as 10rd but really hold 11 this could be a serious problem for people behind enemy lines.

Is there a magazine plug or a follower with extended legs to ensure that 458 socom when using a standard USGI body will truly be a 10rd mag and not an 11?

Thanks.

TED

Feedback Score
    It's not very hard to trim a wooden kid's ruler to length and stick it up inside the mag spring. I round the edges so it doesn't catch on anything.

Feedback Score
    I see one somewhere. Can't remember where.

Did you try Tromix??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If the intent is to meet a legal maximum capacity reqirement, it has to be permanent and irreversible.

Temporary solutions are normally fine for hunting.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    If the intent is to meet a legal maximum capacity reqirement, it has to be permanent and irreversible.
    "Permanent" is a legal construct that varies by statute. In some statutes, something is permanent if it requires disassembly to reverse. I.e. if you have to remove a floor plate, it is permanent. Ohio was a good example. But, you will have to check your local laws for the definition you must meet.

Anybody with a backhoe understands that NOTHING is really permanent!