Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New LaRue Tactical LAT handguard installed

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Biggest detraction on TOS seems to be the non-continuous top rail that is common to the Larue mounting system. And the revised naming. Top rail doesn't bother me particularly since I've had Larue's QR before, but for whatever reason it is turning a lot of folks off.

Larue's "sell it before we make it" business model of the past year or so has been getting annoying tbh.
    I guess there are a lot more folks running NV in front of their day optic than I thought. Have they realized this is still possible with a non-continuous LT rail?

+1 on your second paragraph. I won’t buy anything until it’s in stock and ready to ship. Even still, Larue took 3 days to ship my in stock items a few weeks ago. It’s 2019 they need to get with the program.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    ...I'm probably going to order a few, but Larue's "sell it before we make it" business model of the past year or so has been getting annoying tbh.
    Yup. I ordered one without any indication it was backordered. I had to contact them after a week to find out why it hadn’t shipped yet. They couldn’t provide me with any estimate on when it would ship, just that they were still making them and there were a lot of orders. After 6 weeks, I cancelled the order. MCMR it is then, for the build.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When I first saw it, I thought to myself: "Wow, that's a really nice handguard." And great price, too!

Then I saw that it has "M-Lok and Load" on the side. WTF? Nothing a sharpie can't fix, but why? I don't understand.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    It suddenly dawned on me that these likely use the same barrel nut as the older rails, if so that going to make it really easy to upgrade to MLOK.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Renegade what are your impressions of the rail now that you have had it a while? Do you think it stout enough for a DMR role w/ bipod, BUIS, and a light/laser installed? Or are quads still king?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowNotEverything View Post
    Renegade what are your impressions of the rail now that you have had it a while? Do you think it stout enough for a DMR role w/ bipod, BUIS, and a light/laser installed? Or are quads still king?
    Not Renegade, but I've been running two of these hand guards for a few months and they are quite stout. I think they will be as good as the LaRue Pic rail hand guard is for mounting and holding zero on a PEQ/DBAL, BUIS etc...
    Last edited by nightchief; 09-20-19 at 16:26. Reason: English

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Not Renegade, but I've been running two of these hand guards for a few months and they are quite stout. I think they will be as good as the LaRue Pic rail hand guard is for mounting and holding zero on a PEQ/DBAL, BUIS etc...
    I, wholeheartedly, agree. LaRue handguards have always been known for their sturdiness and the LAT is no exception. Personally, I have had an AR with a LaRue Stealth upper assembly (Picatinny quad railed handguard) and I prefer the new LAT. Like other M-LOK handguards, it is lighter than the Picatinny handguards, but has the versatility to mount a variety of accessories via M-LOK mounts or Picatinny mounts (using an additional Picatinny rail section).
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't understand how demand can be so high since everyone on the interwebz is boycotting Mark because of his mouth.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    From the fit with the LaRue Tactical low profile gas block, these handguards should be compatible with most all low-pro gas blocks.
    What about with a shaved FSP?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    What about with a shaved FSP?
    They require SERIOUS shaving..it's not a simple hand grinder job.... but it can be done without compromising the block. I had two of them done that way.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast