Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New LaRue Tactical LAT handguard installed

Feedback Score
    That looks sharp. I'm seriously thinking about picking up a SAT in a few months if Mark keeps the pricing the same. You really can't beat this for the price.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    Funny that's what I was just thinking when I saw the price of $132 for that rail. I really, really, don't need another AR, but if I find myself building a 11.5 Pistol, this rail would be an excellent option.
    Always glad to share something to help someone spend their hard-earned money.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Guys, the new LAT and SAT handguards are priced at $10 per inch. You cannot beat that for the kind of quality these handguards have.
    They look great and seem like an outrageous deal. Larue just positioned themselves to completely own the market. LT rails are renown for being tough and functional, but boat anchors, and lacking in updated features. And then, these.

I am very curious about weight and compatibility with various low-pro gas blocks.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 03-16-19 at 15:20. Reason: gushing

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by noonesshowmonkey View Post
    They look great and seem like an outrageous deal. Larue just positioned themselves to completely own the market. LT rails are renown for being tough and functional, but boat anchors, and lacking in updated features. And then, these.

I am very curious about weight and compatibility with various low-pro gas blocks.
    From the fit with the LaRue Tactical low profile gas block, these handguards should be compatible with most all low-pro gas blocks.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I envision myself needing at least one more rail before it's all said and done. This thread has me thinking of a Larue. Any idea what the rifle weighs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I envision myself needing at least one more rail before it's all said and done. This thread has me thinking of a Larue. Any idea what the rifle weighs?
    6.75 lbs without magazine. The MRO and the LaRue Tactical LT839 mount gets added tomorrow. That may add another pound.

Feedback Score
    Not a bad deal on these at all

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    6.75 lbs without magazine. The MRO and the LaRue Tactical LT839 mount gets added tomorrow. That may add another pound.
    Still excellent. My bare bones LW build looks similar to yours, but with a 13" ALG V2 rail and Sionics LW barrel. It comes in at 6lbs 5.5 oz, but the barrel is 2oz lighter. That really makes me interested in the rail.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Biggest detraction on TOS seems to be the non-continuous top rail that is common to the Larue mounting system. And the revised naming. Top rail doesn't bother me particularly since I've had Larue's QR before, but for whatever reason it is turning a lot of folks off.

The new naming is kind dorky imo but nothing that a Super Black pen won't fix. I'm probably going to order a few, but Larue's "sell it before we make it" business model of the past year or so has been getting annoying tbh.
    Last edited by 78Staff; 05-02-19 at 03:16.
    ---
    NRA Life Member
    US Navy Veteran

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That does look sharp. In fact, your rifle looks just like a stock Smith 15-22!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 05-02-19 at 06:38.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast