Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting in New Zealand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    The version I saw wasn't in HD, so that helped, but it wasn't as bas as some of the clips from Panteo's mindset video with Paul Howe. Still horrific though. It seemed like forever and most of it was just him shooting into the two corners where everyone was huddled. Infuriating to watch.
    I haven't seen this video, but have seen Paul Howe's Combat Mindset video and it was very hard to watch some of the videos on there. I don't think I care to watch this one.

And it sounds like this shooter was deterred at the later Mosque by an armed citizen. Funny how that works. This is another real life scenario that reinforces why I keep a rifle in my vehicle all the time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    What kinda of guns? What about usual stuff, ammo, CCW, difficulty of permit, etc

A place I have always wanted to visit, but I don't do 20+ hour flights.
    I’ve just got a couple friends that hunt there. The laws are not nearly as restrictive as they are in Australia or the UK, but they are nothing like they are here in the US either.

I’ve got a standing offer to go hunting down there, but have never taken my friend up on it. I wish I would have, because I get the feeling now that even slingshots are going to be illegal there soon.

The more Elmer Fudd type your gun is, the easier it is to get. Especially if you hunt and just want to use it for that.

Tactical stuff, is next to impossible, but doable if you want to go through all of the jumps in hoops. Plan on a couple years to make that happen though. CHL is possible, but it’s right up there with New York City. Perhaps a little more restrictive than that. It’s just death by bureaucracy, you have to show a legitimate reason to want one.

Of course, all of that changed yesterday. I would seriously look for them to one up Australia and the UK now.

What a sick world we live in nowadays. The worst part about all of this, especially with the video, is now it’s just setting the stage for the next person to say “I can do better than that, hold my beer”.

NZ is a cool place. They are being flooded by immigrants from everywhere though, it’s not a melting pot and there is no assimilation. Still, I would not of expected this there. Everyone’s pretty laid-back.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I haven't seen this video, but have seen Paul Howe's Combat Mindset video and it was very hard to watch some of the videos on there. I don't think I care to watch this one.

And it sounds like this shooter was deterred at the later Mosque by an armed citizen. Funny how that works. This is another real life scenario that reinforces why I keep a rifle in my vehicle all the time.
    Doubt that ccw thing is legit. They're not allowed to carry. Even cops don't carry except for a select few. Kinda like UK

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    If I build a mosque in a city called Christchurch, should I be surprised if something like this happens?
    I am .... Christchurch is a wonderful city with warm and welcoming citizens. Quite peaceful. Very much enjoyed my time there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    I’ve just got a couple friends that hunt there. The laws are not nearly as restrictive as they are in Australia or the UK, but they are nothing like they are here in the US either.

I’ve got a standing offer to go hunting down there, but have never taken my friend up on it. I wish I would have, because I get the feeling now that even slingshots are going to be illegal there soon.

The more Elmer Fudd type your gun is, the easier it is to get. Especially if you hunt and just want to use it for that.

Tactical stuff, is next to impossible, but doable if you want to go through all of the jumps in hoops. Plan on a couple years to make that happen though. CHL is possible, but it’s right up there with New York City. Perhaps a little more restrictive than that. It’s just death by bureaucracy, you have to show a legitimate reason to want one.

Of course, all of that changed yesterday. I would seriously look for them to one up Australia and the UK now.

What a sick world we live in nowadays. The worst part about all of this, especially with the video, is now it’s just setting the stage for the next person to say “I can do better than that, hold my beer”.

NZ is a cool place. They are being flooded by immigrants from everywhere though, it’s not a melting pot and there is no assimilation. Still, I would not of expected this there. Everyone’s pretty laid-back.
    So basically if you're wealthy and or connected. Rgr rgr.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    I'll be here in 6 weeks, cant say I am looking forward to the flight, even in business. That is a long time in the air.
    It isn't that bad. I've done it in business, but no way would I do it in coach. Those days are in my way distant past.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A bunch of random musings about the event and some of the above replies.

It seems he chose his location for impact. Peaceful and friendly. Let’s murder with evil guns and polarize the world.

He also chose to mention America and guns for impact. It seems a stretch though doesn’t it to include the USA? He’s mostly talking (in general his writings, the video, and his paint pen weapon decorations) European Invasion by Muslims so why name drop the USA saying he knows he’ll ignite a civil war over gun confiscation here? Very odd unless you’re a Conspiracy Theorist...

His style meme tier as it is (is) totally look at me tacticool. For his branding I mean. Fuk his strobing WML that falls off sums it up. Chestrig, drop leg, knee pads with weapons decorated by a child a la COD Blackout weapon skins.

If that isn’t cringeworthy memeish enough the paint pen messaging on mags and weapons signals ‘look at my ideology’. Because things will leak out, screen grabs and press photos of his gear. Will show his message even when he’s silenced in jail, his social media is taken down, and his manifesto is removed from the internet.

Fuel canister bombs in trunk?

He seemed to be talking on the phone to me when driving after the second shooting prior to video end. Could be wrong. He called it a ‘firefight’ even though no one shot back at him.

The meme music further solidifies his desire for attention.

In his manifesto he clearly states he is not a Trump supporter yet of course MSM headlined it as White Supremacist Trump Supporter Shoots Up Mosque.

Further in his manifesto he cites Fortnite. He says he’s not influenced by video games. Yet his actions and mannerisms seem derived from internet gaming culture. Someone mentioned it here, Twitch live-streaming.

His writings also say ‘by definition’ a lot. He seemed to say he’s fine with other cultures living where they’re from, he’s anti immigration/migration (mass migration, invasion). E.g. Italy should be Italians.

Shooting through the windshield. I think he literally had a punch list of visually exciting things from movies (e.g. Heat) that he wanted to incorporate. Premeditated is already established. So let’s get the number of Views and Likes up by making it exciting. Same with the music, he probably created a playlist with those songs specifically (“I am the god of hell fire”).

Lastly I found the need to use a gps comical, as well as his 19 point u turn in an adjacent alley.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    It seemed like forever and most of it was just him shooting into the two corners where everyone was huddled. Infuriating to watch.
    Ironically this huddle technique was being taught in some schools as a drill/response plan to a shooting. Completely RETARDED liberal stupidity at it's finest.

I saw this retarded shit on the news, and shook my head in disbelief. From the same mush headed imbeciles totally against an armed response to these events.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I almost forgot.

So if gun laws are tight in NZ but you could get something tactical if you wanted and were patient, how did this guy allegedly a AUS citizen living there as a traveler obtain weapons? All the laws in the world won’t stop someone intent on criminal action. They may slow, dissuade however when guns are made illegal only then the criminals have weapons right?

He literally mentions The Knights Templar. As in he states he contacted them for ‘approval’ for his op. He further states the other guy who shot up the island was also a ‘knight’.

His writings which are long and rambling seem thorough in giving a FAQ. He says he was poor and not interested in schooling. Easily manipulated much? being from a compromised environment. Of course the writing style itself is low brow which fits his uneducated internet persona.

Hey it’s all JMO.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Until the idiot politicians stop blaming inanimate objects these horrible acts will continue. There are wide spread societal/spiritual/moral issues that are being ignored.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast