Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting in New Zealand

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Couple different thoughts.

-The stark contrast in different styles of attack and amount of information available between this shooting and the Vegas massacre is staggering. The death tolls seem similar. Just an interesting contrast.

-Ultimately gun control worked here. He says he preferred other places but settled on New Zealand. Is this because he’d be able to buy guns there even if it took years? His home country of Australia had stringent laws, he couldn’t buy at home. You would think idealistically he’d want to have attacked in a French or German or what ever mosque, but would never be able to buy a semi auto there or maybe any guns. Did he buy the guns and gear legally?

-Saying he used guns to cause unrest in the USA could be his way of trying to protect gun rights. Or maybe that was just simply his intent.

-Or maybe video games had a real influence on him? Did he use the guns and run around and steam it to be like a ‘real life video game’. If so that’s influence.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    -Ultimately gun control worked here. He says he preferred other places but settled on New Zealand. Is this because he’d be able to buy guns there even if it took years? His home country of Australia had stringent laws, he couldn’t buy at home. You would think idealistically he’d want to have attacked in a French or German or what ever mosque, but would never be able to buy a semi auto there or maybe any guns. Did he buy the guns and gear legally?
    According to New Zealand's PM, the PODS had the appropriate license(s) to possess the five firearms it owned. The PM also stated her desire to tighten gun control in New Zealand further.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While I don’t think gun control is ever the answer the left certainly will use this to their advantage.

Feedback Score
    wonder if he will get life or the typical 15 or so years for the murder charge ?

watched some prisoner show and NZ I guess is quite nice for being a prisoner so maybe he chose that so he knows he will most likely get out or have a easy time of it ?

maybe they should say well since you killed a bunch of muslims we are going to send you to iran and they can do what they want with you

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My buddy from NZ, a shooter to the core, says this guy was on the radar a while and they didn't do chit. Gee, where have we heard that before? In the usual scramble to cover their ass, focusing on the tool vs the tool user par for the course.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So who’s going to be the one to start a Kiwi rifle clone thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It must be maturely addressed. There is a large segment of the population the world over who feel marginalized and told they have to give up and give in while others prosper by doing less. “Be the better man” “be a ‘good soldier’”. “Show some charity”

This isn’t new but is coming to a head.
    And there is no real middle ground anymore.

Used to, the biggest flag wavers were immigrants. And now everything has to be theirs including ours.

This is a symptom. And as we all know the more it is suppressed; the more it will drive others to act out in extreme ways. It’s irresponsible to just say “aw he’s just crazy. Vote Republican”

I don’t recall society being so polarized. And having read his manifesto; he isn’t as rambling as the Dorner manifesto. He spelled it all out.
    There is this frustration that needs to be addressed with some reasonable middle ground to be found.

Like some real American History X type stuff. Relatively normal people feeling like nothing matters so they say eff it. It’s happening more and more. Remember SkyKing(who flies eternal shiny and chrome)?

I mean look here. Right here. M4C. A LOT of current/former military and police, or guys with means to afford a pricey hobby with none of the incel 40 year old virgin atmosphere of TOS and diverse black ,white, asian,Native, Christian, Jew, Atheist, Buddhist, and even a Muslim or two and we have a long and IMO goofy thread on Civil War. Not political disagreement like Firing Line with William F Buckley but a shooting civil war.

People were bummed about Obama but these days everything is this huge travesty.

I feel like I am living in a dystopian future without the flying cars, robots, or Wendy O. Williams looking feral female raiders. Like that movie Children of Men.

We can’t ignore this unironic paradigm shift and cannot blame the gun.

This will get some airplay while the Trucks of Peace nobody even remembers. Or Charlie Hebdo. Kinda proving the point.

We can’t trust the news and in a way can’t trust ourselves. Our bias. Our attitudes.

I don’t know about anyone else but I’d rather make love and not war, brown girls are my kryponite, but I’m not giving up my guns because of a few assholes.
    QFT
    Saved me like an hour of typing, thanks mate. Forget the flying cars, I was promised at least one moon base and possible interplanetary travel...

Seriously though, that saying "those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable" kind of comes to mind.
    Granted, I'd hardly call this "revolution", but for all the leftists out there who I'm sure are making the rounds on the major gun forums to see what us evildoers are saying-
    I've seen the shit you folks have been calling for.
    But you will now lecture us some more about the evils of guns and white men. Hell, the "white men with guns are all terrorists" is already making the rounds again.
    And people are surprised at shit like this?
    Shit, a few weeks back EU Antifa laid out a "how to assassinate political opponents we don't like" paper. Pretty much " make detailed plans and get guns from less restrictive countries and shoot them."
    But the crazy right wing nutters amirite?
    Everyone's thinking of kinetic action, half the reason the left is going to get triggered so bad over this is half of them are just mad they got beat to the punch.
    Only reason the Dallas shooter is long forgotten and this nut will be talked about for years is...?
    Well, that and you know...it was Texas. Cops were johnny-on-the-spot with overwhelming firepower...

In other news, I really can't believe people here are going along with the "don't show don't talk" media line.
    You're kidding me right? You don't have to like it or agree, but you DO have a duty to know. Especially these days. Hasn't everyone already witnessed enough cherry picking and straight up narrative twisting by the media with other events? But you want to trust them now because we're all supposed to blindly jump on the 2-second-hate train because the guy shot a bunch of people? YT is full of grotesque shit, but you want a filter for this because you were told to want one. Unbelievable.

If you'll excuse me I'm off to see what new viruses the internet has to offer these days...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    My buddy from NZ, a shooter to the core, says this guy was on the radar a while and they didn't do chit. Gee, where have we heard that before? In the usual scramble to cover their ass, focusing on the tool vs the tool user par for the course.
    Interesting...was it the PD's radar? Here's a statement from New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush who makes it seems like they had no idea of the guy:

"This person was not known to any of us, hadn't been reported to any of us, has no previous convictions that we can understand, was not a person of interest to either jurisdiction."

Source (NPR, I know, I know)
    https://www.npr.org/2019/03/15/70371...ls-at-least-49
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I've watched the video. Everyone should have to watch it. If you consider the business of security, whether it is your own or others, to be your business, you should be watching that video right now and upping your game. Evil is out there, you better be ready for these guys when they strike.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    QFT
    Saved me like an hour of typing, thanks mate. Forget the flying cars, I was promised at least one moon base and possible interplanetary travel...

Seriously though, that saying "those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable" kind of comes to mind.
    Granted, I'd hardly call this "revolution", but for all the leftists out there who I'm sure are making the rounds on the major gun forums to see what us evildoers are saying-
    I've seen the shit you folks have been calling for.
    But you will now lecture us some more about the evils of guns and white men. Hell, the "white men with guns are all terrorists" is already making the rounds again.
    And people are surprised at shit like this?
    Shit, a few weeks back EU Antifa laid out a "how to assassinate political opponents we don't like" paper. Pretty much " make detailed plans and get guns from less restrictive countries and shoot them."
    But the crazy right wing nutters amirite?
    Everyone's thinking of kinetic action, half the reason the left is going to get triggered so bad over this is half of them are just mad they got beat to the punch.
    Only reason the Dallas shooter is long forgotten and this nut will be talked about for years is...?
    Well, that and you know...it was Texas. Cops were johnny-on-the-spot with overwhelming firepower...

In other news, I really can't believe people here are going along with the "don't show don't talk" media line.
    You're kidding me right? You don't have to like it or agree, but you DO have a duty to know. Especially these days. Hasn't everyone already witnessed enough cherry picking and straight up narrative twisting by the media with other events? But you want to trust them now because we're all supposed to blindly jump on the 2-second-hate train because the guy shot a bunch of people? YT is full of grotesque shit, but you want a filter for this because you were told to want one. Unbelievable.

If you'll excuse me I'm off to see what new viruses the internet has to offer these days...
    Check pistol-forum. A remember there had it uploaded on (what I assume) is a safe site, for those that want to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast