Thread: Range ammo

Feedback Score

Range ammo

Looking at ordering a case of ammo (5.56 M193 55 gr.) for general range practice. Between Fiocchi, Prvi Partizan, and Magtech (all in the same price range), is accuracy fairly comparable between these brands?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    right now with rebates you can get AE for the same price or lower. I'd stock up on that
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Of those 3 listed ... what shot well in my mine, may not shoot as well in your’s. You’d be best served to get a sampling of each and actually TRY it out in your barrel.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    If you don't reload I would be all over this! It always shot good out of my rifles and never an issue. If you don't reload the brass cased stuff is nice cuz ya can pick up the brass and scrap it for $$$ and use that towards more ammo! I know brass isn't that much more but hell if ya can save $75-$100 bucks spend it on more ammo ! https://www.targetsportsusa.com/wolf...mjx-p-860.aspx

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Pretty good deal on AE at sportsmans warehouse right now, and a rebate... hard to beat if you haven't looked into that. All of those you listed shoot great in my rifle, but so does steel cased stuff. YMMV

Feedback Score
    I've been buying from Palmetto Armory their 420 rd can with free shipping for a long time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea, right now most of what I'm buying has been the Federal M193 because of the rebates on it. It's decent ammo, not the best but maybe the best deal for the money right now. You can always go with Wolf Gold, great reputation for accuracy, good brass etc....Of the brands you listed though, I'd buy Privi or Magtech. Both have been around for a long time and are a known entity.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.