G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Sig P320 CompactRX

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    1,905
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

    Sig P320 CompactRX

    Earlier in the week I picked up a a P320 Compact RX. I have not been able to get to the range yet so I've been dry firing and practicing presentations at the house. Basically working with the RDS and getting used to it. One thing I noticed is that no matter how much I worked on my trigger squeeze the red dot always dropped straight down as the striker fell. I must have pulled the trigger at least 75 times and every time the dot dropped down as I completed the trigger pull. It was driving my crazy. I even turned the sight off and just used the irons and when doing so the irons didn't budge that I could tell. Last night I figured it out. As I was pulling the trigger and the striker fell I barely noticed the back of the slide drop. I racked the slide and then I watched the back of the slide as I was pulling the trigger and when I was hitting the wall just before the striker slid forward the back of the slide rose up just a hair and then fell back down as the striker slid forward. This happened every time. My next thought was is the barrel moving at all as this was happening. So far I don't think so. At least I can't tell when I view the gun from the side as I'm pulling the trigger. I have a G19 and a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact and I tested them to see if they did the same thing and they don't. Although their internals don't operate like the Sigs does.

    Anyone that has a P320 Compact RX notice this same thing?
    ____________________________________
    Duck Tape can't fix stupid but it sure muffles the sound!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    Posts
    331
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Earlier in the week I picked up a a P320 Compact RX. I have not been able to get to the range yet so I've been dry firing and practicing presentations at the house. Basically working with the RDS and getting used to it. One thing I noticed is that no matter how much I worked on my trigger squeeze the red dot always dropped straight down as the striker fell. I must have pulled the trigger at least 75 times and every time the dot dropped down as I completed the trigger pull. It was driving my crazy. I even turned the sight off and just used the irons and when doing so the irons didn't budge that I could tell. Last night I figured it out. As I was pulling the trigger and the striker fell I barely noticed the back of the slide drop. I racked the slide and then I watched the back of the slide as I was pulling the trigger and when I was hitting the wall just before the striker slid forward the back of the slide rose up just a hair and then fell back down as the striker slid forward. This happened every time. My next thought was is the barrel moving at all as this was happening. So far I don't think so. At least I can't tell when I view the gun from the side as I'm pulling the trigger. I have a G19 and a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact and I tested them to see if they did the same thing and they don't. Although their internals don't operate like the Sigs does.

    Anyone that has a P320 Compact RX notice this same thing?

    This is completely normal for striker guns. It isn't noticeable when a full magazine is in, as it puts pressure on the slide from the bottom, preventing the slide from moving downward. All striker guns can exhibit this, to some degree. Some brands do this more than others due to tolerances.

    It is absolutely nothing to worry about and will not effect shooting in the least.


    TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 03-15-19 at 20:53.
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Cerified M&P LE Armorer
    Registered FFL
    ColdBoreCustom.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New Knoxville, Ohio
    Posts
    1,867
    Feedback Score
    95 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    This is completely normal for striker guns. It isn't noticeable when a full magazine is in, as it puts pressure on the slide from the bottom, preventing the slide from moving downward. All striker guns can exhibit this, to some degree. Some brands do this more than others due to tolerances.

    It is absolutely nothing to worry about and will not effect shooting in the least.


    TXPO

    Thanks
    Last edited by Biggy; 03-16-19 at 11:39.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    The dot will move less and less over the course of training with the dot

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    3,954
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Red dots highlight where your real deficiencies are in pistol shooting. Trigger press, grip, etc, will vastly improve over time as you are able to focus on more than just sight alignment/picture.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    1,905
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This weekend I put 400 rounds through my P320 and had no issues at all. Supposedly the RX is zero'd in at the factory but at least in my case that was nowhere near true. At the house I co-witnessed the RDS with the irons and at 10 yards I was dead on. I went to 25 yards and had to make a small adjustment in elevation and from there all was set. I shot at 10, 15 and 25 yards and except for a few trigger snatches everything stayed within the 9 ring or better on a B8 target at 25 yards. So far I really like this weapon. I'm carrying a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact right now and carried a G19 before that. The P320 Compact is giving them a bit of competition. At this point the main difference is the size of the P320 Compact compared to the other 2 weapons. It is bulkier than the other two. Thicker mainly. I've also read some fairly bad reviews of the Romeo 1 RDS so I'm a little leary. If it does give me problems I'll have to decide what to replace it with. At this point I like the weapon and it's at least going to be fun wringing it out to see how it performs.
    ____________________________________
    Duck Tape can't fix stupid but it sure muffles the sound!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    903
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    This weekend I put 400 rounds through my P320 and had no issues at all. Supposedly the RX is zero'd in at the factory but at least in my case that was nowhere near true. At the house I co-witnessed the RDS with the irons and at 10 yards I was dead on. I went to 25 yards and had to make a small adjustment in elevation and from there all was set. I shot at 10, 15 and 25 yards and except for a few trigger snatches everything stayed within the 9 ring or better on a B8 target at 25 yards. So far I really like this weapon. I'm carrying a M&P 2.0 9mm Compact right now and carried a G19 before that. The P320 Compact is giving them a bit of competition. At this point the main difference is the size of the P320 Compact compared to the other 2 weapons. It is bulkier than the other two. Thicker mainly. I've also read some fairly bad reviews of the Romeo 1 RDS so I'm a little leary. If it does give me problems I'll have to decide what to replace it with. At this point I like the weapon and it's at least going to be fun wringing it out to see how it performs.
    My romeo 1 is beat to death and still kicking.

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm curious to see what you think of the sight long term. I've heard some less than stellar things about the Romeo 1s. I don't like that slide is only cut for the Sig optic. I understand why they did it but I still don't like it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    4,750
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I bought the same gun. I have not spent enough time on it but the advocates insist on its speed and help with my crappy old eyes. Keep us posted on your progress. I noticed I can take longer shots much better and one handed seems to improve, maybe that’s just me.

    Good luck with your Sig. I’ve heard good things about the RDS, YMMV

    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    1,905
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    I'm curious to see what you think of the sight long term. I've heard some less than stellar things about the Romeo 1s. I don't like that slide is only cut for the Sig optic. I understand why they did it but I still don't like it.
    As far as the slide only being cut for the Romeo Sig is supposed to be coming out with a slide also cut for the Leupold DPP. One thing I've read online, as we all know everything on the internet is true, that in order to make the Leupold DPP fit now all you have to do is take off 2mm of material on the front of the DDP sight and it will fit with all of the mounting holes lining up.
    ____________________________________
    Duck Tape can't fix stupid but it sure muffles the sound!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •