Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A lesson on QC, due diligence, and testing before modifying.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Imma get me a wife so I can “build” her guns, too.

Feedback Score
    Due diligence and testing a prospective wife is very important.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-19-19 at 11:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Due diligence and testing a prospective wife is very important.
    Quality parts are also important.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Parts is parts

Not
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Whomever bears my yoke is responsible for their own gear.

In Georgia, you got a lot of “shotgun and bolt action” girls who go on about their .270s and 6MMs and Nikon scopes and lack of penis. Or the frumpy cop girls who act like their PSA makes them “one of the guys”

The black girls are moderately better but then you run into the SCCY and Hi Point crowd.

All I want is a tall, fertile Rosa Salazar looking chick with an SR-15. All I want God. You are on notice before I convert to Zoroastrianism....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Whomever bears my yoke is responsible for their own gear.

In Georgia, you got a lot of “shotgun and bolt action” girls who go on about their .270s and 6MMs and Nikon scopes and lack of penis. Or the frumpy cop girls who act like their PSA makes them “one of the guys”

The black girls are moderately better but then you run into the SCCY and Hi Point crowd.

All I want is a tall, fertile Rosa Salazar looking chick with an SR-15. All I want God. You are on notice before I convert to Zoroastrianism....
    I hear AOC runs an AAC in secret, but its probably just rumors.

You should scope it out just to be sure.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    It doesn’t work. She’d see through it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had a similar issue on a Lovely Military Tech rifle, only in the 7.62x51 variety. Got the rifle and the upper was chipped up in several spots (cosmetic). Was willing to overlook that, but had so many FTF trying to zero it that it was near impossible to use the thing. Literally, every 3rd-5th round appeared to be short stroking, even with surplus hot NATO. Sent it back, they replaced the upper, but informed me that these rifles take ~200 rounds to break in and that the issue I was having was normal. Apparently, the manufacturer uses stiff buffer springs, combined with other unique elements that combine to require a decent break-in period.

Welp, kept shooting it, it kept FTF issues... until about 190 rounds. Then, all of the problems seem to have magically went away. Not really pleased, as I had to burn through nearly $100 of ammo to get the rifle to a point it wouldn't fail.

Not sure if these are the same issues you're experiencing or not, but thought I'd toss it out there.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    It doesn’t work. She’d see through it.
    Nope..... workes too well..... my wife now has 5 ARs and I built them all for her.....and she is very picky..... and now she doesn't let me shoot them or even mess with them.....
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I was listening to an old P&S modcast, and I think it was Mike from SOLGW that mentioned test firing is important because sometimes it takes a few rounds to smooth everything out, even on a well-made gun. But with what you describe, one would imagine the manufacturer would notify ahead to Let Me Think about the purchase.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast