Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone going to see “Combat Obscura?”

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    A necessary evil, given how easily everything is broadcast these days. That being said, most of the public doesn’t have the balls for it, and we all know that too many think with their feelings, absent of any logic. Dangerous precedent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Which in retrospect, perhaps a good thing? The mil learned a hard less on Nam that they better control the narrative all around and allowing reporters to wonder around at will, a bad idea if you want public support. But, is the hard realities what people should see and accept for a legit war? I'm not sure what the answer is.
    Even a “legit” war is too ugly for public consumption and can turn off public support. WW2 is “legit” in most opinions yet was terribly brutal. In 1943 the War Department allowed the press to release photographs of dead Marines on Tarawa. No missing body parts or anything like that just uniformed bodies in the surf. Immediately they started getting nasty letters from the public calling the War Department murderers and such.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I want to see it. I think it’s awesome it was released. I’ve been that dumb young kid that my country sent somewhere. It should be a good watch. A very “high end dude” told me I would like it and be able to relate.

Feedback Score
    Hadn't heard of this yet. Sounds a little bit like 84 Charlie MoPic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12