Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Marlin 1894 Issues

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I won't be able to make it to the range til later in the week. But, I did cycle a few different brands of 44mag through it today, including the Magtech brass. No issues, hangups, or hiccups whatsoever.

The buckhorn sight, however, is atrocious and needs to be replaced with a nice receiver mounted sight of some sort.
    Check out Ranger Precision and the Henry factory parts sight for fiber optic front sight, and a rear peep sight. Also, check the hi-viz replacement for the dovetailed buckhorn. All work well.
    You can also mount a mrds on a rail or flat mount for lower sight line.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I took it back to Scheels today. It was a pretty rifle, but mechanically was very rough. The trigger was appallingly bad, and flopped side to side/front to back. Cycling the action was also a gritty movement, no smoothness. Rounds would fail to chamber often, and sometimes the rifle would eject two rounds leaving an empty chamber. Long story short, I traded it in for a Henry Big Boy. The Henry is finished beautifully, and is mechanically excellent. Snap caps cycle smoothly, no matter the speed of working the Lever. If it shoots as well as it's made, I'll be very happy.
    I had an 1894p some years ago. Replaced it with a Henry steel 44 Mag......love it
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    To avoid problems with these new Remington Marlins I purchased a lightly used 1894 made in the early 90s. I examined a new one in a store and was surprised how poorly the wood fit to the steel.

Feedback Score
    So, my wife bought me a new Marlin 1894 in 44 Mag, really a pretty gun. I had my eyes on a Henry, mainly because of the QC issues at Marlin, but was happy to receive the gift.

We took it to the range, and it would not feed. Jammed every time I tried to get a round in the chamber.

Brought it back to the store, they said it just doesn't like Magtech brass, feed it something else instead. He fired 9 rounds of some different brand through it to prove it fires. So, I buy snapcaps for it, and it feeds 3/4 rounds consistently. Doesn't matter if I cycle it slow and smooth or fast and hard.

I have yet to fire this thing. The dealer, Scheels, may take it back, thats still up in the air. I would really rather not to have to send this in to Marlin and hope it comes back fixed.

Is this just common now with Marlins?

Should I take it back and trade it in for a Henry?
    Bought a Marlin 1894 SBL in .44 magnum this summer. Eats everything I’ve tried: Black HIlls 240 gr, Magtech 240 grain, Hornady, Buffalo Bore, Remington and even Prvi.

Feedback Score
    I've got a relatively new production (late 2018) 1894C that has roughly 300 rounds of .357 and .38 Special thru it without a problem.

Feedback Score
    Been thinking about a Rossi. Cowboy action shooters seem to like them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123