Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scalar works see through irons.

Feedback Score

Scalar works see through irons.

Work requirements say I need to be able to shoot with irons as a part of my qual when running a red dot. This eliminates every high-mount except the Unity Fast Mount, and the Knights Red Back 1 Mount which allow you to rub you BUIS through the mount.

Unfortunately, I use a MRO, and neither of those mounts are available for the MRO. So my thinking was a .5” riser, with a Scalar Works Mount on top could possibly leave a window for irons through the mount. Does anyone have a .5” riser and either an absolute or lower 1/3 Scalar mount for an MRO they could test this out with?

Thanks for any help!!

Feedback Score
    The Scalarworks LEAP/MRO Mount should co-witness with irons.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, to clarify, I know I can do-witness through the normal mount, but I’m looking for a 1.93/2.06/2.26 height mount.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I don’t think so. The irons viewed under the mount like the KAC micro mount are all like 2.33” to optic center. You would need maybe a .75” riser to get close for a micro LEAP version. I would think the larger thickness/diameter of the MRO itself would also require an even higher riser since the MRO mount is shorter and there is more optic to clear to have a line of sight under it all..

Feedback Score
    Will policy allow you to run offset irons?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    Will policy allow you to run offset irons?
    Haven’t checked that specifically, but policy requires that the front sight always be in the up position, not looking to run extra stuff hanging off the side if possible.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    So you are saying.. They won't let you sight through the MRO with it turned off? That's nuts.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    I don’t think so. The irons viewed under the mount like the KAC micro mount are all like 2.33” to optic center. You would need maybe a .75” riser to get close for a micro LEAP version. I would think the larger thickness/diameter of the MRO itself would also require an even higher riser since the MRO mount is shorter and there is more optic to clear to have a line of sight under it all..
    This is what I’m thinking. I had a Scalarworks lower-1/3 Aimpoint Micro mount on a 3/4” riser and was able to see the irons.

OP may want to reach out to Scalarworks and see if they can give a minimum riser height to do what he wants.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WTB:
    Wilcox JPoint mount for Nightforce Recon (P/N 30500G01)
    Wilcox EOTech riser kit in TAN

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help guys.

I’ll reach out to Scalar to see what they say then update just Incase someone is as crazy as me and cares to see the answer.

Again to clarify, irons through the optic is what the standard is at work. I want a high Mount optic, like 1.93, 2.04, or 2.33, which all occlude the use of irons because the tube of the optic is about the line of sight with the irons. So, to co-witness irons, you need to do it trough the body of the mount, thus the skeletonized Scalar Mount possibly working.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Another possibility is to use a detachable carry handle with a rail. My understanding is that you can still see the irons through it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast