Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scalar works see through irons.

Feedback Score
    http://www.unitytactical.com/shop/fast-micro-mount/

2.26" AP Micro mount with a built-in adjustable rear sight.
    Last edited by essjay; 03-19-19 at 02:02.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    The op specified an MRO which prompted the realization that this concept might not be possible with it because it has a larger diameter than the Aimpoint micro so there is less room under the optic to be able to see irons through for a given optical center line. The optic center line for a MRO will have to be higher still than a Micro to be able to see under. I would suggest op you switch to a micro and go for the KAC skyscraper or wait for the unity fast mount.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Front and rear irons on 1/2” risers (like the YHM-226) would cowitness with a 2.04” mount. Is this just something you have to qual with, or does your rifle need to stay in that configuration?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffM. View Post
    Front and rear irons on 1/2” risers (like the YHM-226) would cowitness with a 2.04” mount. Is this just something you have to qual with, or does your rifle need to stay in that configuration?
    He could also run a YHM227A on the receiver with his existing MRO/mount and BUIS on it. At 5 1/4" long it's just shy of being as long as the receiver. Use the short one under a fixed front sight. This is assuming he doesn't have a FSB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilkin View Post
    Another possibility is to use a detachable carry handle with a rail. My understanding is that you can still see the irons through it.
    I used to run a "SEE UNDER" carry handle mount with an Aimpoint 3000 mounted ABOVE the iron sights(ARMS mount?) 25-30yrs ago. It was comfy to shoot irons as normal but I needed a whopper Colt Delta cheekpiece to get consistent head position with the Aimpoint.

Fast forward 30 years and cool guys are trying to accomplish the exact same capabilities we had when Dick Swan was blowing our minds with his newfangled Picatinny rails and mounts.
    Last edited by Labayu; 12-25-21 at 05:16. Reason: My new phone doesn't speak "Gun" yet..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12