Thread: Registered Bolt for Tec-9

Feedback Score

Registered Bolt for Tec-9

Anyone know much about the registered bolts for the TEC-9 series of guns (KG-9/KG-99/TEC-9/DC-9/AB-10)? B&G plus another company made them. I'm wondering specifically how they work. Does the bolt itself simply replace the semi-auto bolt, nothing else in the host needs to be changed out, making the host a full auto only closed bolt affair? Or does the host need to be altered in any way, and if so, what alterations? I've searched high and low about this to no avail, lots of TEC-9 registered receivers out there, but they are apparently less desirable due to cracking, and the registered bolt is apparently the most desirable, but almost no information about them.

I suppose since B&G made the TEC-9 bolts, and they also made the UZI registered bolts, they probably work similar but I don't know how the UZI bolts work either. If somebody knows how those work, it would be enlightening--same question, with that registered bolt, what additional host alterations are necessary to get it working in an off-the-shelf semi-auto Vector (just as an example).

Feedback Score
    I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd suggest posting this question over at Uzitalk.com. The people there obviously know a great deal about Uzis, but they also know a great deal about MAC's. It seems to me that someone over there is likely to know about Tec-9 registered bolts too.

Do you have a line on possibly purchasing a Tec-9 registered bolt or is this just for the sake of knowledge? If it's for a possible purchase, I think the price would have to be very nice. There's many more options with MAC's and a few more with Uzi's, but I've never seen anything about full auto Tec-9's. I do have an AB-10 just because leftists hate them so much. It's fun to shoot, but very inaccurate. I have a semi Masterpiece Arms MPA30SST. It's even more fun to shoot and is incredibly accurate. I'm still waiting on a stamp for a M11/9, so there are even more fun times ahead.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just want to find a stock for my Tec9 and maybe a suppressor adapter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been told that a lot owners of the registered bolts will buy semi auto Tec 9s because the frames have a tenancy to crack from firing in FA.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are a few Guys with knowledge re: FA Tec-9 over on subguns as well. Unless this is priced very very well, I would pass on buying.

Re: registered Uzi bolts, they are simply fullauto spec bolts that are slotted to clear the semiauto receiver’s blocking bar. They also require fullauto fire control components in the lower. There is a ton of information about Uzi conversions over at Uzitalk.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I looked it all up a while back for a purchase... it's a mess. The info is out there and I don't remember much of it, but I would study up.... they are one of the MGs you REALLY need to know what you're buying before you buy it. I know it's not much help... but defiantly do the research before a purchase.