Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sako hunting rifle

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Sako hunting rifle

I bought a Sako hunting rifle off the EE and can’t remember who I bought it from ( Jake ? Todd?). Anyway, I got the beautiful wood stock bedded, put a brake on it and a 20th century recoil pad. The wind was blowing 20-30 yesterday so groups were horizontal. But it is clear the gun shoots moa easily and probably .5 moa. Certainly good enough for an Elk / Deer rifle. Very impressive rifle.

Markm has a few pics to post.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-18-19 at 21:15.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Which model and caliber?

I have an A7 in .30-06 and it is perfect. Accurate, perfect fit for me, reasonably light. Except I got a stainless in synthetic stock. I was looking at possibly replacing with a Sako wood stock but they are nearly as much as the rifle. $85 per extra mag though. Ouch. But I love it.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The gun... 300 WM number 5 or 6 in the rotation:

Some 225gr Thumpers:

Getting zeroed:

Worst wind in a while made for several horizontal groups. Still shooting inside 1"

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Very nice.

Sako and Tikka have a deserved rep for accuracy and smooth.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gorgeous wood. They do know how to make a barrel. Nice shooting!
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Very nice.

Sako and Tikka have a deserved rep for accuracy and smooth.
    Did I buy this gun from you ? It’s driving me crazy trying to remember who I bought it from.

PB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Did I buy this gun from you ? It’s driving me crazy trying to remember who I bought it from.

PB
    I thought it was Knutson.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That is a very good looking rifle, not bad groups either.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by meausoc View Post
    That is a very good looking rifle, not bad groups either.
    On the blue target, shot two, adjusted turret, two more.

The circle stacked 3 beside each other with a perfect left to right high wind situation. May have played a small role in horizontal strings. Very happy with groups.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Nice! Glad it worked out and you are enjoying it. Needed to find a home with someone who was going to use it to it's potential. Are you using the ADG brass still? What load are you using with the 225s?
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast