Thread: How do you hangyour deer ?

Feedback Score

How do you hangyour deer ?

i'm amazed at the diiferent ways people hang and skin deer. iv tried several but the way i do it anymore is to hang from back legs on a single tree( redneck for gambrel). then just skin him down. how do you all do it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    i'm amazed at the diiferent ways people hang and skin deer. iv tried several but the way i do it anymore is to hang from back legs on a single tree( redneck for gambrel). then just skin him down. how do you all do it?
    This is how i will next time.

First was on a squat rack with a bar between the boes in the back leg

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    The fastest way that I’ve done it involved a cradle, ~12’ tall rack, and a hand winch. Lay the deer in the cradle on its back with head toward the rack. On the underside, slit skin down the middle (a line) from the jaw to the rear. At the head, skin the head, leaving the ears on the hide, around to the slit on the bottom. This allows you to quickly skin down the neck to the shoulders. This is tied off to an anchor at the ground and the ears being left on the hide prevents the rope or chain from slipping off. Saw legs off below the knee. Slit down the inside part of the legs to the long slit in the middle. Tie the head off to the winch, and raise the body. The hide peels right off. This works good on does and bucks that won’t be caped.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I always hang head up as I don't want to fight the guts falling into the chest cavity.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I dont hang them.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    I always hang head up as I don't want to fight the guts falling into the chest cavity.
    I gut them, in the field, where they end up after the shot, and then hang them from a gambrel between the back legs once they are back at the barn.

Feedback Score
    I gut in the field, then hang from the head and clean inside really well with cool water while trimming as much fat and crud out as possible. After a few days of hanging I take it to my processor. I don’t currently skin or process my own, but that is a skill I need to learn.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP is a troll and gone. Any interest in leaving this open?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Might as well shut down this shit bird’s thread just like the others. I could tell, from his posts, that he was headed for the EE. I’m glad you guys sniffed out this Nigerian scammer before he did much damage.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--