Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson bites the dust

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I wonder though, how does a company like Hudson get so much in loans? Could it have been through misrepresenting themselves, are the lenders guilty of not doing their homework, or could it all have been legit?
    It may not be lenders. Hudson goes to Acme Anodizing and asks for a $1 million of anodizing on certain parts. Acme does it, then invoices Hudson. Hudson fails to pay. No money changed hands but it will be listed in bankruptcy as a debt to discharge.

Meanwhile, Acme incurred materiel and labor costs to do the anodizing. Maybe they make the next payroll or maybe they don't.

Everyone is "good for it" until they aren't.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I thought I'd read that some of their suppliers screwed them on out of spec parts. I never got to shoot the pistol, but I really wanted to. It looked promising to me. If they get cheap on the used market, I'll scoop one up for sure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    I don't feel sorry for those who made the poor business decisions, but I do feel sorry for those affected by those decisions regardless if they were employees of Hudson or if they are owed money by Hudson.
    Exactly. We are talking about people in the industry we support fully, losing their jobs and livelihoods.

Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    It may not be lenders. Hudson goes to Acme Anodizing and asks for a $1 million of anodizing on certain parts. Acme does it, then invoices Hudson. Hudson fails to pay. No money changed hands but it will be listed in bankruptcy as a debt to discharge.

Meanwhile, Acme incurred materiel and labor costs to do the anodizing. Maybe they make the next payroll or maybe they don't.

How do you not get a substantial down on that large of a commitment though? I understand making a business relationship, but there needs to be some CYA in place at ACME.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nothing I was interested in but one less option now.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post

Yeah, that is partly on ACME's sales / financial folks for extending Hudson that much credit terms.

I would figure after the first and second month of failing to follow through, you'd cut them off at the knees - which is likely what happened (eventually), but still.

At the same time, if ACME is a solid company (financially), they can turn that $1M 'loss' into some sort of tax loss / write off- and considering it likely only cost them 50% of that (at most) to make, they won't take a bath on all of it. They'll come out behind, but likely substantially less than $1M net loss.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 03-19-19 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    Just got a email from Grabagun. They are selling the H9 for $599. I wonder how many people previously bought these. And I wonder who will buy them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I wonder though, how does a company like Hudson get so much in loans? Could it have been through misrepresenting themselves, are the lenders guilty of not doing their homework, or could it all have been legit?
    How did that weird-eyed bitch run up Teranos' valuation into the billions with nothing to show for it?

ETA: someone beat me to it but a significant portion of a bankrupt manufacturing business' liabilities are unpaid purchase orders for materials and processes.
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 03-19-19 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Huski9201 View Post
    Just got a email from Grabagun. They are selling the H9 for $599. I wonder how many people previously bought these. And I wonder who will buy them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah the value of those things is rapidly circling the drain.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    $599??? Jesus, it is worth that as a curio
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    $599??? Jesus, it is worth that as a curio
    Yep. For around $500 I'd buy one for a future C&R

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast