Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hudson bites the dust

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Back from the dead!

I know that this is an old thread, but anyone have details on the availability of magazines for these? I have one, and could use 3 more mags, but they're out of stock everywhere.
    I'm also trying to decide what I want to do about holstering it, haven't decided.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Weren't they S&W 5900 mags?

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Weren't they S&W 5900 mags?
    They were a reworked version of some sort of S&W magazine, not sure which one. But they were modified, I know that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
    They were a reworked version of some sort of S&W magazine, not sure which one. But they were modified, I know that.
    It was 5900 mags but I didn't know they were modified

I remember thinking it was cool that they went with an mag that was proven, inexpensive and readily available
    Last edited by Arik; 09-12-19 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    GunMagWarehouse still has the 17 round +2 mags for $45, still showing in stock.
    Although 17 round Mecgar mags for the 5906 use the flush base and aren’t hard to find for $22.
    But I’ve not seen a post or video of anyone successfully modifying a 5906 mag for an H9. The Hudson H9 mag cutout looks to be higher than the S&W. I’m curious if the 5906 mag springs are a suitable replacement.

And last I looked KE Arms still has the +2 and std. mag bases.

I still shoot mine, I know the smart thing would be to sell it now they’re out of production but it’s just too much fun. Like having a sports car from Slovakia, just enjoy it while it’s running and worry about parts when it breaks.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
    GunMagWarehouse still has the 17 round +2 mags for $45, still showing in stock.
    Although 17 round Mecgar mags for the 5906 use the flush base and aren’t hard to find for $22.
    But I’ve not seen a post or video of anyone successfully modifying a 5906 mag for an H9. The Hudson H9 mag cutout looks to be higher than the S&W. I’m curious if the 5906 mag springs are a suitable replacement.

And last I looked KE Arms still has the +2 and std. mag bases.

I still shoot mine, I know the smart thing would be to sell it now they’re out of production but it’s just too much fun. Like having a sports car from Slovakia, just enjoy it while it’s running and worry about parts when it breaks.
    I found a local gun store with the S&W magazines in stock, so I tried them out. While they are clearly the same design, they do not work. Not only is the bottom of the magazine cut differently, but the follower is of a similar but different design, and does not protrude enough to trip the slide release. It would take a lot of modification to try to make these magazines work, so I will just have to settle for the 17 rounders.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789