Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson bites the dust

Feedback Score
    i want to be happy about this but some will think its weird so i will be quietly happy.

Feedback Score
    Huge investment to do what they did.

If I was going to make a pistol, it would be Glock 34/17/19/26 or Beretta 92 series magazine compatible.

I had actually looked at how much it would cost to make a batch of 2000 SS EII type Beretta slides a while back.
    They are not a inch to do, and take a ton of machining. I can’t imagine the cost to set up a shop, buy the machinery, etc.

Maybe we should look at making steel Glock frame’s with frame mounted safeties and SA triggers- in case hardened, blued, or SS steel.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    i want to be happy about this but some will think its weird so i will be quietly happy.
    A bigger problem is that you care about what some stranger here will think. If you have your reasons to be happy this place shut down, say it. If someone can't handle it, **** him.

Feedback Score
    It is not just Hudson that has problems. All the subcontractors that now find their receivables have been noncollectable. Now their cash flow and sustainability get stretched. There could be a ripple effect as each company in the line fails.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    In the case of most small businesses, their life isn't as glamorous as you might think even when this happens.
    In my experience, most small businesses aren't capitalized $50,000,000.00.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Lol. Williejc called this years ago and everyone ignored him.

Weird stupid gun companies need to understand weird stupid gun owners that like weird stupid guns are poor and won’t drop the kind of loot Hudson was asking for a pistol.
    Very true..The bright side here is, any remaining stock of assembled pistols will likely start showing up at places like CDNN, at some point after the bankruptcy hearing is settled, so, if anyone want to get one of these just for the weirdness, keep your eyes peeled, they'll be sold off, and likely sold off cheap.. I guess what I don't understand, is how they managed to get between 10-50million in loans...Don't banks look at how a business is being run before they loan money?
    Last edited by ralph; 03-19-19 at 12:33.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was going to stay out of this but....

I don't understand the hatred towards the gun. Some people seem happy to see it go (as far as the firearm is concerned, not their financial situation). And this goes for other guns that are not "Glock". Like that recent Strike One gun. People here are quick to dump on these. Why? We complain when there's no innovation but then shit on ones that are.

You don't have to like it. If you don't it wasn't for you. Just move on to whatever you do like.

The last thing we need is less gun companies and less options. This hobby is attacked on all fronts and instead of accepting a new company as one more option for someone we dump on it because it doesn't set IPSC on fire or fails completely.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    It is not just Hudson that has problems. All the subcontractors that now find their receivables have been noncollectable. Now their cash flow and sustainability get stretched. There could be a ripple effect as each company in the line fails.
    I wonder though, how does a company like Hudson get so much in loans? Could it have been through misrepresenting themselves, are the lenders guilty of not doing their homework, or could it all have been legit?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Hudson is also a really good example of why you should never listen to celebrity endorsements/hype and sponsorship. They had many industry heavy hitters pushing their gun for awhile there and then poof its gone and we never hear those individuals talk about those pistols again...

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Hudson is also a really good example of why you should never listen to celebrity endorsements/hype and sponsorship. They had many industry heavy hitters pushing their gun for awhile there and then poof its gone and we never hear those individuals talk about those pistols again...
    I'm glad someone else is paying attention to that. There's another site where a lot of the cool-guy club/industry names were singing Cy Hudson's praises on what a "good dude" and innovator he is. A few were smart and started talking about how the H9 is cool but still needs refinement before Hudson completely crashed and burned so they wouldn't be remembered as complete shills. But now...dead silence across the board.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast