Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hudson bites the dust

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This is the messy part of capitalism folks. Supply, demand, quality, business plans, customer service.

Personally I think they were doomed from the start. Not many are going to pay $1k for an all metal 9MM coming from an unknown company.

Obviously they thought the 1911 aficionados would flock to it and they had a pretty big media hype for it.

Then it failed to live up reliability-wise, then things when down the $hitter from there.

I give anyone props for trying to do something different and step out, but even then it's fraught with pitfalls.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Zero shit allocated.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    If I had a movie prop company I would buy 10 of them just to use as "future pistols" in movies. You used to see a lot of HK VP70s and P9s in this role.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I thought I'd read that some of their suppliers screwed them on out of spec parts. I never got to shoot the pistol, but I really wanted to. It looked promising to me. If they get cheap on the used market, I'll scoop one up for sure.
    I don't know what they sold for but you can get a new one for $599

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    If I had a movie prop company I would buy 10 of them just to use as "future pistols" in movies. You used to see a lot of HK VP70s and P9s in this role.
    For sure!

Feedback Score
    I think Jack Bauer ("24") has used every handgun but that one.

Feedback Score
    Do the math, folks: $50K left in assets, owe up to $50mil, they made about 8000 handguns. That's $6250 owed per handgun that sold for around $700 MSRP.

This isn't bad management, there's something criminal going on here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaholder View Post
    Do the math, folks: $50K left in assets, owe up to $50mil, they made about 8000 handguns. That's $6250 owed per handgun that sold for around $700 MSRP.

This isn't bad management, there's something criminal going on here.
    That is why I said when something like this happens I wonder about the lifestyle of the folks involved. Plenty of companies have the cash stripped out of them by unscrupulous owners. Perhaps not illegal in all cases, but not evidence of a good moral compass.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I don't know what they sold for but you can get a new one for $599
    That's tempting.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast