1 (100%)
    Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I don't know what they sold for but you can get a new one for $599
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's tempting.
    Not even close to tempting. For $59.90, maybe. For nearly 600 bones there are about two dozen things I'd rather spend my money on.

Feedback Score
    The Hudson H9 failed for a simple reason. It was an unproven pistol, from an unknown manufacturer, trying to sell a pistol at premium handgun prices.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crusader377 View Post
    The Hudson H9 failed for a simple reason. It was an unproven pistol, from an unknown manufacturer, trying to sell a pistol at premium handgun prices.
    I think in a world of $6-9k 1911's, $2500 Glock setups and people desperate to meld the benefits of a 1911 and a hi-cap striker gun, coming in over $1k in today's market isn't unreasonable. They had plenty of publicity and notable people flying their flag to help their cause. I know nothing about starting production and a gun company and even less about Hudson's business deals. At face value, if anyone had a shot out of the gate, they appeared to have a good start...but obviously mistakes were made.

As noted, everything that's ever been good has gone through teething, but people STILL argue about AR's, Glocks, AK's, etc...while hoping on new, "unproven" or long since disproven crap like the Tavor or whatever re-hashed 9mm PCC is flavor of the month.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 03-25-19 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    I think in a world of $6-9k 1911's, $2500 Glock setups and people desperate to meld the benefits of a 1911 and a hi-cap striker gun,
    I suspect that the number of people who buy $7000 1911s, or who buy $2500 Glocks, or who are desperate to med the "benefits" of a 1911 and a striker fired pistol are all a lot smaller than you would think.

Shit like that gets a lot of press in douchy gun magazines but the masses simply don't give a crap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    I suspect that the number of people who buy $7000 1911s, or who buy $2500 Glocks, or who are desperate to med the "benefits" of a 1911 and a striker fired pistol are all a lot smaller than you would think.

Shit like that gets a lot of press in douchy gun magazines but the masses simply don't give a crap.
    Oh, I think they give a crap, they just can't afford it and not a high enough priority to do so.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I shot one and really liked it. I wanted to get one, mostly because of its uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Huski9201 View Post
    Just got a email from Grabagun. They are selling the H9 for $599. I wonder how many people previously bought these. And I wonder who will buy them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shows $799 for me with a 15rd magazine that I can no longer have in NJ. F Me.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post

Perhaps, but It's enough to keep plenty of mediocre smiths and parts manufacturers turning a profit and people lining up to pay.

I lost all touch and hope when the green/zombie/biohazard fad kicked in. Point being never underestimate how low either the consumer or manufacturer will sink.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I was very close to buying one at that $599 price. But when they jacked it up to $799, nope. Especially with only one magazine.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast