Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical Use of Barrier Stops

Feedback Score

Practical Use of Barrier Stops

I was perusing the Knights Armament 2019 catalog today and noticed that they have yet another new iteration of their barrier stop. This one looks like the teeth protrude out from a variety of angles, allowing the gun to be "rolled" more effectively:

I'm curious about the community's opinion of these attachments and how effective they are in real-world scenarios. Knights has been producing various iterations of barrier stops since at least 2014, so there is certainly a market of people willing to buy them. What I'd like to know is who these people are. Are they are active duty? LE? Concerned citizens? Or just competition folks?

With light accessories typically on the right side of the rail, I can see these becoming pretty useful at the 6 and 9 o'clock positions. Being able to dig into a barrier and put your weight into the gun instead of resting it on a surface or cradling it in your support hand certainly has a use case.

I suppose the argument against using these would be that they impede fast, dynamic shooting, and I'm sure there are many who ascribe to never pointing your muzzle around a wall or through a windowsill, as examples. Barrier stops are not great from shooting from deep cover and necessitate shooting right up against the barrier, which might make you an easier target. I remember reading on TFB a while ago that the new school of thought includes keeping one's distance from a barrier before shooting to reduce the risk of shrapnel.

I'm sure someone far smarter than me has a far smarter opinion, so I'll take my call off the air. Cheers

Feedback Score
    The less shit on my rifle the better

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    The less shit on my rifle the better
    Yep. That thing is so niche, it's nuts.

I could see that snagging on all kinds of stuff in the real world.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Those are pretty snaggy looking. I use a CMR low pro handstop on a couple of my rifles. They do 2 things for me...they allow me to pull the rifle into my shoulder and they allow me to pin the gun against a barricade, both for better stability.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I use my support hand as a barrier stop.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I thought this thread was about condoms.

Came here to post that I never use them.

Saw it’s about bs gamer attachments for your rifle.

Same response applies.

Feedback Score
    I feel like this kind of thing would have caught on and been made fairly relevant in the right communities if it were truly a solid performer.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Don't a lot of 3 Gun dudes use them? That seems to be where I recall seeing them.

Feedback Score
    I usually use my flashlight as a barrier stop.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I see this as a niche product for someone who has to cover a door or window for the foreseeable future, not so much a dynamic fluid thing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast