Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Help picking a carbine light

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    Well Adrenaline 6, you may not have convinced me on the light but I sure do admire your passion and perseverance in the debate. I can only assume you do the same in defense of our 2A rights.

Live free or die!
    I never wanted to convince you, just make you think a little differently and expand your mind a little.

As far as defending 2nd amendment rights, I literally just got these 3 shirts in the mail today!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I've had great luck with Streamlight TLR1 & TLR1HD lights. I can see that they're not as durable as SF which I've owned as well, but the TLR1HD is my current light that lives on both ARs and pistols. Works great both indoors and within 25 yards outdoors even with no ambient.

No issues with dependability at all so far, they're a great value if you don't want to spend that extra mile for dependability.

I like the rocker switch on them. That said, I'd run SF if they were closer in pricing, but it's almost 2x difference.

I'd run HD over TLR1 for every purpose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I've always thought visible wires on a fighting carbine were a mistake, and I'm glad to see that there is anecdotal evidence to that.
    Hi again Doc.

1. I am not stalking you..........just sayin.......

2. As you are a KISS advocate and are years down the road with the 6720...........what mount do you recommend for the G2 for a bone stock carbine?

3. Thank You

Feedback Score
    I have a surefire and it's the only light worth any amount of money and the only light I will ever use again. Naw I aint realy bein like that, but I do have one and it is pretty pimp as far as flashlights go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use Surefire G2X Tacticals on my two ARs that are set up to have lights on them all the time. One in a BCM mount on BCM PKMR handguards, and another in a GG&G ring mount on a piece of Magpul rail section bolted to some standard carbine handguards.
    I have two other ARs with short rail sections in place to attach a light if need be, and have a cheap (and huge..) Primary Arms light for that purpose, however usually those other two rifles don't have a light on them and the rail sections have covers on them.

Feedback Score
    My opinion just based on fourteen years experience of using them daily at work and having them bounce around in my patrol car, kicking in doors with them, and occasionally using them as impact weapons:

1. Surefire. They may not be the most innovative in terms of output and features but they are definitely the most durable and well thought out and it shows in their pricing. The single output G2X and a decent mount will run about what you can get the Streamlight knockoff of the Surefire scout light for but may have issues with light retention long term. Just check the light and retighten it when needed. I’ve run this configuration for several years on my patrol rifle and still have it on several of my AR’s.

2. Streamlight. The TLR1 was the only light they had worth anything until about three or four years ago. They seem to be trying to improve their quality to an acceptable level and I’ve had three Stingers last significantly more then one day in the last three or so years. Never had one make it past a day without breaking before that. Watch the chargers though. Seen a few have the wires catch on fire. The TLR1 and the new scout knockoff are decent budget lights and I’ve been running the scout knockoff on my patrol rifle for two years without issue and have a TLR1 I bought shortly after they came out still going strong.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho1 View Post
    Hi again Doc.

1. I am not stalking you..........just sayin.......

2. As you are a KISS advocate and are years down the road with the 6720...........what mount do you recommend for the G2 for a bone stock carbine?

3. Thank You
    I use this one, whichever one is appropriate to the particular flashlight.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-a...prod26772.aspx

Feedback Score
    Thanks Doc

Do you use the stock handguards?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaucho1 View Post
    Thanks Doc

Do you use the stock handguards?
    For my "tactical" carbine I use one of those UTG Pro M-Lok handguards. I compared the weight of those with a set of standard handguards and the weight difference is negligible.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have become a fan of Elzetta lights, look them up on YouTube and look at the torture tests. They have fully potted electronics so vibration and water can’t hurt them. Very nice for sure.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast