Thread: Ruger 22/45 upper half loose after cleaning

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Ruger 22/45 upper half loose after cleaning

I have a Ruger 22/45 with a T1.

I cleaned it for the second time ever (I've had it for years) the other day, and after reassembly the upper/lower fit has play in it just like an AR15. It rocks left and right, no forward or backward movement. I'm assuming because the optic is on the upper half, as is the barrel/receiver, this shouldn't affect reliability or accuracy.

Is this correct?

If not, should I get this fixed? If so, how?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    If the receiver can move while the bullet is still traveling down the barrel, it could have an effect on accuracy. No way to tell without handling it.

You could ask Ruger to attend to it.

Alternately, if you know someone who beds rifles, they could add some bedding compound near the lug ahead of the trigger guard. That may help.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Hmm. I’ll try the bedding compound. at the very least it’s annoying, but I haven’t had a chance to shoot it and see how it’s affected accuracy.

The receiver and barrel and optic move as one, but they do move. Kind of upsetting for a $1,700 22lr handgun!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You got me curious since mine doesn't have that problem even though it has been shot and stripped quite a bit. The info I found seems to indicate that happens from being disassembled ***ALOT*** so that sounds kinda odd. The general consensus seems to be call Ruger and they will take it back and fix it.

Feedback Score
    Fwiw, I have the same setup. I have an RMR on mine..& my upper also has play in it...but much like ARs, it has no affect on accuracy in my example...I assume because the optic moves with the upper??