Thread: MRDS or RDS on short barrel?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

MRDS or RDS on short barrel?

So, I’ve found that on my 11.5” 5.56 and 12” Grendel that I’m just a tad faster for close up work with the RMR/deltapoint than my Aimpoint micro and obviously variable optics. Have any of you noticed that as well? For that matter, do you prefer the RMR or DP? Do you like the dot or the chevron? I like the durability of the RMR but the clarity and infinitely small aiming point of the DP and since it’s riding on a rifle upper and not a pistol slide the ruggedness of the RMR doesn’t necessarily add that much weight to my decision.
    That brings me to my question to all you guys and gals: for close up work on a short gun do you like the MRDS or RDS? Which one? Why? Do you find he 3.25 MOA dot on the RMR is too big for rifle work?
    Thanks for info.

Feedback Score
    Trijicon make the RM09, RMR with 1 MOA dot specially for rifles.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Yeah, I just learned that looking at all the different RMR offerings. I may pick one up. I am looking at trading my H1 for an RMR and would prefer the type 2 but type 1 wouldn’t be a deal breaker. Regarding the type 1 durability, the large majority of issues with flickering and battery connectivity had to do with it being mounted on pistol slides, correct? It would be much less of an issue being mounted atop a rifle upper I would assume. Has anyone experienced issues with the RMR being mounted on their rifle and if so, what specifically?