Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NM residents: What Will You Do If They Ban/Try to Ban AR's, Mags, etc.?

Feedback Score

NM residents: What Will You Do If They Ban/Try to Ban AR's, Mags, etc.?

DISCLAIMER: Of course no one encourages or condones physical violence or any of that happy horseshit. If you want to start the revolution, please keep it to yourself.

Other than that, what will you do if the New Mexico legislature passes a law requiring registration, confiscation, modification, or otherwise restricts or outlaws semi-autos, standard cap mags, or frankly, WHAT WE CALL FREEDOM firearms?

I know long term I would plan to blow this taco stand and move to Texas, but what about the short term?

Is there a way to fight such a law other than submitting it for a referendum of the voters (which might backfire)?

Even though several counties have declared themselves 2A Sanctuary counties, not all have. What if you live in one of the Commie gun-grabbing counties?

Although the 60-day session just ended, we maybe have a little less than a year before we might face these very questions head-on.

What say you?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a vault at my office (Tx. Panhandle) and could store a few AR's if folks were so inclined. I know lots of Californians stores stuff in Arizona and Nevada......

Having said that, what are the real options?

1. Get rid of your stuff
    2. Move
    3. Bury it, never shoot it, hope nobody finds it
    4. Carry on like nothing has changed and take the risk of a criminal prosecution and conviction
    5. Start shooting people who need it

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by Esq.; 03-21-19 at 14:01.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Having said that, what are the real options?

1. Get rid of your stuff
    2. Move
    3. Bury it, never shoot it, hope nobody finds it
    4. Carry on like nothing has changed and take the risk of a criminal prosecution and conviction
    5. Start shooting people who need it.
    Nothing good on that list, except maybe move to a better state, which might make you happier anyway.

Feedback Score
    I've got too much invested here, and family history of nearly 400 years. I will do nothing different except avoid and evade (which means non-compliance). I've got an address over in Dalhart, Texas which would allow me to receive contraband, but I am in good shape for guns, ammo, mags and assorted other accessories. Still filling some holes in handgun ammo but you would be shocked to see what a fully stocked ammo pantry looks like - floor to ceiling, with over 40,000 rounds of ammo. I buy in bulk since I am living over 70 miles (one-way) from the nearest gun store. Nothing gets shipped here so I go to the FedEx or UPS hub to pick stuff up.

I've been working this plan for many years and I am one who is not hurting for anything, except for some things I may want, but not needs.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I remember for many years the typical response to all of us in CA was: "Just move."

Now that the disease has spread, what say you now? We needed help here fighting it, but it fell on deaf ears.

"Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I've got too much invested here, and family history of nearly 400 years. I will do nothing different except avoid and evade (which means non-compliance). I've got an address over in Dalhart, Texas which would allow me to receive contraband, but I am in good shape for guns, ammo, mags and assorted other accessories. Still filling some holes in handgun ammo but you would be shocked to see what a fully stocked ammo pantry looks like - floor to ceiling, with over 40,000 rounds of ammo. I buy in bulk since I am living over 70 miles (one-way) from the nearest gun store. Nothing gets shipped here so I go to the FedEx or UPS hub to pick stuff up.

I've been working this plan for many years and I am one who is not hurting for anything, except for some things I may want, but not needs.
    Land grant family.....sounds like a Matt Bracken novel....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaceWindu View Post
    I remember for many years the typical response to all of us in CA was: "Just move."

Now that the disease has spread, what say you now? We needed help here fighting it, but it fell on deaf ears.

There was no way to help California. Too much stupid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Land grant family.....sounds like a Matt Bracken novel....
    More than one Land Grant - one from the 1750's and another from the 1830's and adjacent land. It was OK because this area of New Mexico was "No Man's Land". Too far away from the Rio Grande Valley and Civilization around Albuquerque (founded 1706) and Santa Fe. This was Comanche and Apache raiding territory. My family tried living out here in the late 1600's but were run out. Came back in 1750 and made a stand, despite constant Native Raids.

You can see why I have a stiff backbone regarding packing up and moving. Too much family blood shed on this land, plus all the hard work, good times, bad times - Life.

Pics of family grave markers from the late 18th Century and ruins of the stone house (fort) from 1750:

Last edited by OH58D; 03-21-19 at 17:19.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    More than one Land Grant - one from the 1750's and another from the 1830's and adjacent land. It was OK because this area of New Mexico was "No Man's Land". Too far away from the Rio Grande Valley and Civilization around Albuquerque (founded 1706) and Santa Fe. This was Comanche and Apache raiding territory. My family tried living out here in the late 1600's but were run out. Came back in 1750 and made a stand, despite constant Native Raids.

You can see why I have a stiff backbone regarding packing up and moving. Too much family blood shed on this land, plus all the hard work, good times, bad times - Life.

Pics of family grave markers from the late 18th Century and ruins of the stone house (fort) from 1750:

You have a good reason for staying put. I would too if I was un your shoes....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here's another thing I don't think anyone thought of. Tourism will take a good blow- at least in the North East part of the state...... No more 3 Gun Competition at Whittington......No more High Power etc.....When I run up to Whittington I have enough guns in the truck to outfit a platoon normally....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast