Thread: Red Dot Recomendation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Holy necro-thread, OP raised this question in March 2019, assume he has his RDS by now. :-)

But adding 2 points to the general question of RDS that have come up more recently due to world events.

* IMHO, I wouldn't buy ANYthing--when you have a choice--that was primarily manufactured in China. They knowingly spread the coronavirus all over the world, then were pirates about selling PPE made there, and are working to undermine democracy in multiple countries including here. They are the mortal enemies of the US and democracy, they hate freedom they hate our guts and want to destroy us. Don't keep enriching them when we can get the same stuff, better made, elsewhere. To find out what RDS are available, features, where they're made, SageRatSafari has an awesome list of RDS specs for all the available RDS. Examples of RDS that are NOT made in China: Aimpoint, Eotech, some Vortex (like the Venom, and Viper), some Sig (Romeo 1, 3, and 4 series), Trijicon (everything), Sightron, some Burris.

* If you get a .22 that is a training rifle similar to your home defense AR, then I'd use the same or very similar RDS that your run on your AR. So if you have an Aimpoint T1/T2 on your AR, I agree with Euro, go with the same on your trainer.

* If it's mainly a plinking/fun/hunting .22, like a Ruger 10/22, to save a few $$$ over something like an Aimpoint or a Trijicon, you could get a Vortex Venom. I have one on a 10/22 and a Ruger .22 pistol, really like that sight and it's made in a friendly country (Philippines).
    Last edited by maximus83; 11-23-20 at 11:20.