Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot Recomendation

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Holy necro-thread, OP raised this question in March 2019, assume he has his RDS by now. :-)

But adding 2 points to the general question of RDS that have come up more recently due to world events.

* IMHO, I wouldn't buy ANYthing--when you have a choice--that was primarily manufactured in China. They knowingly spread the coronavirus all over the world, then were pirates about selling PPE made there, and are working to undermine democracy in multiple countries including here. They are the mortal enemies of the US and democracy, they hate freedom they hate our guts and want to destroy us. Don't keep enriching them when we can get the same stuff, better made, elsewhere. To find out what RDS are available, features, where they're made, SageRatSafari has an awesome list of RDS specs for all the available RDS. Examples of RDS that are NOT made in China: Aimpoint, Eotech, some Vortex (like the Venom, and Viper), some Sig (Romeo 1, 3, and 4 series), Trijicon (everything), Sightron, some Burris.

* If you get a .22 that is a training rifle similar to your home defense AR, then I'd use the same or very similar RDS that your run on your AR. So if you have an Aimpoint T1/T2 on your AR, I agree with Euro, go with the same on your trainer.

* If it's mainly a plinking/fun/hunting .22, like a Ruger 10/22, to save a few $$$ over something like an Aimpoint or a Trijicon, you could get a Vortex Venom. I have one on a 10/22 and a Ruger .22 pistol, really like that sight and it's made in a friendly country (Philippines).
    Last edited by maximus83; 11-23-20 at 11:20.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    . ...Examples of RDS that are NOT made in China: ...snip.... some Sig (Romeo 1, 3, and 4 series),....
    Romeo 4T is made in *****.

*see below; my mistake.
    Last edited by 1168; 11-23-20 at 14:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Romeo 4T is made in China.
    Are you sure about that? 10 months ago someone asked SIG and they responded that some of the Romeo4 line had been moved back to California (in this case Romeo4m):
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...05#post2700005

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    No, I’m not sure. I bought one 06 May 2020 after there were posts here saying the 4T was good to go, FBI approved, and totally not *******. And shake-awake is a super useful feature that will definitely not result in a dead dot at a time of need. When I got it, sticker said made in *****. Also, it failed to wake up twice, and has been moved to a range toy. I was already a little skeptical of SIG optics; they’re not getting a second chance.

*see below; my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Shannon View Post
    Are you sure about that? 10 months ago someone asked SIG and they responded that some of the Romeo4 line had been moved back to California (in this case Romeo4m):

Last edited by 1168; 11-23-20 at 14:01.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Romeo 4T is made in China.
    Anything's possible. I am relying on SageRatSafari's research and his database here, that says the Romeo 4 series is made in the US. If you confirm otherwise you should ping him and let him know.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    OK,

I’m the ass here. I just pulled it off its mount and it says “designed in Oregon assembled in USA”, on the bottom, same as the box. The sticker came off my Vortex Micro 3x, it seems. I need to stop buying shit of unknown origin.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Anything's possible. I am relying on SageRatSafari's research and his database here, that says the Romeo 4 series is made in the US. If you confirm otherwise you should ping him and let him know.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    OK,

I’m the ass here. I just pulled it off its mount and it says “designed in Oregon assembled in USA”, on the bottom, same as the box. The sticker came off my Vortex Micro 3x, it seems. I need to stop buying shit of unknown origin.
    Thanks for checking. That makes you not an ass.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for checking. That makes you not an ass.
    +1, it's good to check all this stuff. And it's not always easy to tell, even SageRatSafari acknowledges his information is hard to find, sometimes he can't figure out where an item was manufactured, and indicates that in his data.

More of the companies are aware that people want to know this information, so they're working harder at obscuring or hiding the place of manufacture.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Willing to bet that “designed in Oregon assembled in USA”, indicates “with parts manufactured in China”.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Willing to bet that “designed in Oregon assembled in USA”, indicates “with parts manufactured in China”.
    Thought I read on here somewhere that Aimpoint imports their electronics from China.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast