Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Preferred optic for 11.5” pistol?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Preferred optic for 11.5” pistol?

Ordered a Sionics pistol w/11.5” bbl awhile back. Won’t be here for awhile yet but looking ahead, I am pondering what optic might be best suited to it.

Watched MrGnG’s video of the BCM 11.5 pistol and he scoped it with a Trijicon Accupower 1-4x.

I think Garand Thumb might use Aimpoint Micro for his 11.5 but I need to look/check/confirm.

Any favorites or suggestions gratefully appreciated, with my thanks in advance ...
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The TA44 Acog with ACSS reticle has been the best gun related purchase I have made. It works great if you have an astigmatism. The awesome glass and extra .5x helps clear up targets at distance for me too.

I don't feel slower with it, and eye box is good.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    From what you said looks like your trying to stretch it out. If you don’t mind the weight go with a 1-8 nxs

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I very much appreciate the helpful recommendations and information, Gentlemen - thanks very much!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My preferred optic for an 11.5" pistol would be an Aimpoint micro RDS or irons.

If I expect to be engaging targets beyond the capabilities of these sighting systems, I'll not be using an 11.5" pistol.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’d echo the RDS/irons recommendation, unless you’re wanting to test accuracy temporarily. The muzzle velocity out of an 11.5” barrel precludes effective use beyond less than a football field. A red dot seems ideal, but if you do want some magnification capability, the lightest 1-4x you can find seems like it would be an OK choice. I have an old PST 1-4x that works fine, and it’s lighter than the Vortex 1-6x.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Primary arms 1-6 in an aero lite weight mount on my 10.5” faxon pencil barreled pistol,lots of fun out to 100 yards!!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I like the Trijicon MRO. I think it is a good value for the price.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    RD and BUIS on my AR pistols.
    I’m good to a minimum of 200 yds. As said, if I need a LPVO it won’t be on a pistol.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I personally have fixed Daniel Defense front and rear sights, and an Aimpoint T1 on on my 11.5" BCM pistol, and I think it works for me, minus the astigmatism.

2019-04-11_11-12-36 by Willis, on Flickr
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast