Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preferred optic for 11.5” pistol?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    I like the Trijicon MRO. I think it is a good value for the price.
    +1. Love the MRO!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So the 11.5 that is next to my bed has a MRO and the 11.5 that I keep in my truck the majority of the time has a 1-6 pst, IMO it’s going to come down to the intended use

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint Micro or 1-X LPVO

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I’d echo the RDS/irons recommendation, unless you’re wanting to test accuracy temporarily. The muzzle velocity out of an 11.5” barrel precludes effective use beyond less than a football field. A red dot seems ideal, but if you do want some magnification capability, the lightest 1-4x you can find seems like it would be an OK choice. I have an old PST 1-4x that works fine, and it’s lighter than the Vortex 1-6x.
    For what its worth, Fusion MSR exits an 11.5” barrel at ~2600 fps and expands well down to at least 1700fps. That gets you 300+yd expansion and even a neophyte can get hits with that velocity at 200yds.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Ordered a Sionics pistol w/11.5” bbl awhile back. Won’t be here for awhile yet but looking ahead, I am pondering what optic might be best suited to it.

Watched MrGnG’s video of the BCM 11.5 pistol and he scoped it with a Trijicon Accupower 1-4x.

I think Garand Thumb might use Aimpoint Micro for his 11.5 but I need to look/check/confirm.

Any favorites or suggestions gratefully appreciated, with my thanks in advance ...
    Once upon a time, when people would ask for advice on an optic or any piece of kit, the first question asked by more senior members of the group was usually What do you intend to do with it? or What is the purpose/mission?

Nothing has changed in that regard, and it's a question that you need to ask yourself before deciding on what optic family you're leaning toward (reflex sights, LPVOs, fixed power magnification, etc.). Knowing your mission/intended use will go a long way in informing which optic might be optimal for the application.

On my 11.5 I'm running a T2 on a KAC high rise. On my 12 I'm running an EXPS on a Larue riser. On my 9 I'm running a T2 on a KAC high rise.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    I’m running an MRO patrol on my BCM 11.5. Also have Troy BUIS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m a big fan of the mro for red dot or a vortex razor if you want to go lpvo

Feedback Score
    T-2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Aimpoint Micro w/QD + MBUS

On a small lightweight gun, don't weigh it down with large bulky optics on such a short barrel. Keep it short, tight, light.

MBUS are cheap and lightweight. The chances of needing them are small with an Aimpoint, but for serious use, still better to have the option.

Personally, I'm a fan of QD as optics still use glass which can crack & fog.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Aimpoint T-2 with a 3x behind it sometimes.

MBUS Pros

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast