Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Preferred optic for 11.5” pistol?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    My preferred optic for an 11.5" pistol would be an Aimpoint micro RDS or irons.

If I expect to be engaging targets beyond the capabilities of these sighting systems, I'll not be using an 11.5" pistol.

THIS.

Aimpoint T-1 on my Bren 805 pistol.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Depends upon the anticipated use.

Close range, choose a good red dot-type. We’ve selected the Vortex AMG UH-1 for our department. We shoot these to 100 yards max typically.

You can shoot the 5.56 SBRs past 100 yds effectively with proper ammo selection and the magnification helps with accuracy as well as target identification. My personal rifle, a 10/5” 5.56 SBR has a 1-8 Trijicon. But and decent low power will work.

Feedback Score
    I use an Aimpoint H-1 on my 11.5 BCM and an Eotech 553 on my 10.5 LMT. They weigh about the same. Eotech weight off sets the inch difference between the two barrels. I feel my Aimpoint is more reliable and rugged but its hard to beat the field of view on an Eotech. I do have an Aimpoint 3x magnifier to throw behind both for bench shooting. I was only concerned with weight when building both guns plus I feel SBR's are for close combat so I didn't feel magnification was necessary.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I put a PRO on mine, to be honest...
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    For me, a red dot sight. I still like to have irons as back ups, but the red dot is king. My best one is old, an Aimpoint M4s, but still works like a champ. I also have two Sig Romeo 5s that works great on other guns.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    I use an Aimpoint H-1 on my 11.5 BCM and an Eotech 553 on my 10.5 LMT.

They weigh about the same. Eotech weight off sets the inch difference between the two barrels. I feel my Aimpoint is more reliable and rugged but its hard to beat the field of view on an Eotech. I do have an Aimpoint 3x magnifier to throw behind both for bench shooting.

I was only concerned with weight when building both guns plus I feel SBR's are for close combat so I didn't feel magnification was necessary.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have chosen to run Aimpoint red dots and removable 3x magnifiers on my 11.5in guns. That way I keep the weight down and still have a decent amount of magnification out to about 200 yds. My litmus test is can I identify and successfully shoot a 6 in hostage swinger at 200 yds and 3x is right there at that limit. All my rifles at 12.5 and longer have LPVOs.

Feedback Score
    My 10.3" is wearing a T2 w/irons, saving my dollars for a NX8 to ride on my 11.5" (counting the days!!!!)

Feedback Score
    I plan to put a Trijicon Accupoint 1x4 with a green triangle on a post. I will put it in a ADM QD mount. It can be run close or reach out if required. It will be backed up by iron sights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Once upon a time, when people would ask for advice on an optic or any piece of kit, the first question asked by more senior members of the group was usually What do you intend to do with it? or What is the purpose/mission?

Nothing has changed in that regard, and it's a question that you need to ask yourself before deciding on what optic family you're leaning toward (reflex sights, LPVOs, fixed power magnification, etc.). Knowing your mission/intended use will go a long way in informing which optic might be optimal for the application.
    I neglected to address the intent/mission/purpose aspects when I originally posted this, and do apologize. I was (still am,) new to both M4C and optics, and did not know the protocol.

Lesson learned, and thanks for correcting me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast