Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Preferred optic for 11.5” pistol?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I neglected to address the intent/mission/purpose aspects when I originally posted this, and do apologize. I was (still am,) new to both M4C and optics, and did not know the protocol.

Lesson learned, and thanks for correcting me.
    You definitely didn't do anything wrong asking your question.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not a pistol, but I’m waiting for KAC 11.5 sbr. I’m going with T1 or EXPS 3-0 in the inventory and possibly rolling with a MRO HD. I can run 3x if I need a bit more range. I’m intending to dump a few ‘yotes with it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    You definitely didn't do anything wrong asking your question.
    I found the thread very informative because it was asked in a general sense.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Its really personal choice I believe. Lot of options. On my 12.5 SBR I run a Leatherwood CMR 1-4, and can hit steel out to 500 no issues with a 75 grn HP. Up close I think it is a tad slower than a red dot.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    I neglected to address the intent/mission/purpose aspects when I originally posted this, and do apologize. I was (still am,) new to both M4C and optics, and did not know the protocol.

Lesson learned, and thanks for correcting me.
    All good. Not a dig at you. Just a reminder that a little background info goes a long way in informing how best to advise. Solid options have been provided. No worries. Charlie Mike

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    When I built my 11.3" pistol, I wanted a light, compact, and simple gun on a budget. I installed a fixed Troy front sight and fixed DD rear.

My reasoning is that I can spend $150 on a good set of sights made in the U.S. that will last forever with a modicum of care. I don't expect to shoot it any further than 200 M with the vast majority of shooting at 50 M.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-16-20 at 08:01.

Feedback Score
    I currently have three optics which could be interchanged between my "long" guns. Currently they're zeroed in and mounted on the following:
    11.5" AR pistol (BCM): Eotech EXPS2-0
    16" AR-15 (Springfield MLOK Saint): Vortex Razor 1-6x Gen II E
    16" AK47 (Yugo): Trijicon MRO w/low mount on RS Regulate mounts

I've considered getting another Trijicon MRO to substitute swap on & off the AR guns as I tend to like its light weight and simple dot. Maybe when I've got an extra $400 to spend, but then again, maybe just get a 3rd AR-15 with it and budget maybe $2400.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used a Vortex Razor red dot on my 11.5 AR Pistol. I dont intend this as a long range and wanted reduced weight.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234