Thread: Have a gun you like but don't shoot well?

Feedback Score

Have a gun you like but don't shoot well?

For me it's a Ruger Gp100 .44 special. Nothing wrong with the gun that I can tell. I've shot and owned many revolvers but for some reason I cant get consistently good with this one.

Past 15 yds I'm just no good with it unless I take a slow, single action shot.

Otherwise I like the gun.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Not really.

Guns are tools, if I don't shoot it well I modify it so I do shoot it well- or get rid of it.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Actually, yes. I had a Colt 1911 that I could NOT run accurately at speed. I figured it was purely the days I shot it on. But I could pick up a different one and do so... it became a least favorite and went away.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    P30SK LEM. I bought it as a CCW gun some years back but didn't take to the trigger well at all. I "vetted" the gun for reliability but at the end of it I decided I just didn't shoot it well enough to be carrying it. I've heard the LEM trigger "punishes you for your failures", and I'm not a fantastic handgun shooter period, I really have to work at it and shoot regularly to stay on top of things. The LEM trigger just required too much additional work for someone who already needs to be diligent about improving/maintaining skill with a handgun. So while I like the P30 I've since opted to focus on a more "forgiving" striker fired pistols for carry and HD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Actually, yes. I had a Colt 1911 that I could NOT run accurately at speed. I figured it was purely the days I shot it on. But I could pick up a different one and do so... it became a least favorite and went away.
    It's funny you say this, one of the first guns I have ever purchased was the M&P 40 right after getting out of the service. I bought a 40 S&W because I wanted "more" power and bought in to the FUDD mentality. The funny thing is, I still shoot it well fast. I transition from one target to another really well, and maybe because of the recoil, I'm focused more on proper grip and trigger control. While I loved my Glock 19 (Gen3), I just found that I was slower and constantly thinking about rolling my shoulders forward to control the grip angle. I have since gotten rid of my Glock 19, although, it really is the perfect size.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well how about guns I sorta like but don’t shoot?

HK 762: won it in a raffle. It is nothing like my SR25. The magazines cost as much as KAC mags. It looks cool but is heavy. Never shot it yet. Debated on trading towards more SR25 or keep it. Dunno. If I keep it I will get a G trigger, G28 stock and either a G rail or extendo whichever is cheapest/lightest. Send it to HK to have normal takedown pins installed because I am lazy.

HK USP Expert 40: Have not shot it in 10 years. It does okay. Not bad. Just not into 40s but I believe everyone should have at least one 40 because even when 9mm is scarce there is oodles of 40.