Thread: Sling adaptor for Benelli M2?

Feedback Score

Sling adaptor for Benelli M2?

My current first-world problem:

I want a 1-1/4" sling mounted at 6-o'clock on my Benelli M2. (Yes, I really do. I'm not asking whether this is a good idea.)

I have an extended magazine, so the sling swivel at the front of the OEM magazine nut/cap is gone.

I have the Benelli OEM "tactical" sling adaptor that's a ring clamped between the magazine nut and forend, but it's a 1" slot for a 1" sling.

Ideally, somebody would make something similar for a 1-1/4" sling, but I can't see that anybody does. (No, I do NOT want the sling to the side.)

I'm trying to avoid something convoluted like a section of rail with a sling mount bolted to it.

Please advise...

Feedback Score
    Depending on how your 1" wide slot is shaped, a 1.25" sling might work just fine. I use BFG VCAS slings all the time with 1" QD swivels. I seem to recall BFG ad copy on their website recommending it back when I bought my first VCAS. It's worth a try, and costs nothing if you already have the sling and the attachment point.

Feedback Score
    It's not even close...

Somebody on Enos' forum suggested using a sling mount for an 870, but the whole for the mag tube is far too small.

So, I bought another 1" sling. If/When it bugs me, then I might have a local fabricator create what I want out of thick sheet steel... It couldn't be much more expensive than the Benelli parts.