Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bolt catch chipped bolt.

Feedback Score

Bolt catch chipped bolt.

I'm having problems with my noveske n6. The bolt is chipped by the bolt catch. I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems and if so what they did to fix it?

The rifle is a noveske n6 receiver set with a lantac bcg, Rainer arms 18in barrel, V7 a5 buffer tube, superlative arms ajustible gas block, and a heavybuffers.com extra heavy buffer.

This is the second time its happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aaron3334; 03-24-19 at 15:37.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can you take a photo of the chip?

And you have a Noveske N6, not an SR25. If you're trying to clarify that it is a 308 rifle just mention caliber so we know. An SR25 is made by Knights.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the clarification I was going off of Patten

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have both bolts been Lantac?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by _Stormin_ View Post
    Have both bolts been Lantac?
    They where both lantac bolts. The only thing I can think of is that there's something wrong with the bolts. I just got home so I'm about to try to post some pictures.

The gun seems to shoot just fine it's just got a chip in the bolt where it meets the bolt catch.

I'm 90% sure that both bolts came from separate batches because one had a MPI test mark and the other one didn't.

Also both occurrences happen while I was adjusting gas block.

Feedback Score
    Here's some pictures of the damage. the time before everything was pretty much identical. Last time Ranier arms replace the barrel and the bolt under warranty.

Feedback Score
    So I swapped out the bolt catch with a spare I happen to have. I noticed that replacement new bolt catch wouldn't catch the bolt at all. So I milled down the detent plunger for the bolt catch now I have about seven or eight times more lock up space between my bolt catch in my Bolt. HOPEFULLY it helps.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are you sure that the bolt wasn't chipped when you got it? From the picture it actually looks to me like it the coating was applied after the chip.

Either way though, I would definitely ask Lantac to make it right. Should be no problem.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Are you sure that the bolt wasn't chipped when you got it? From the picture it actually looks to me like it the coating was applied after the chip.

Either way though, I would definitely ask Lantac to make it right. Should be no problem.
    I'm sure. But seeing how this is the second lantac bot to chip on me I'm not jumping for joy to put in another lantac bolt. I'm thinking of getting a young bolt.

My biggest concern is that I'm going to get another bolt and find out it wasn't the bolt that was my problem.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nah, the bolt is the problem. The metal should be strong enough to prevent the fracture and if it isn't they have a bad batch, though that engagement on the catch originally did look mighty slim. I would reach out to Lantac and proceed from there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast