Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowitness - a first for me.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Cowitness - a first for me.

I’ve read on here that sometimes irons and red dots cowitnessed will not align themselves together. I thought there was no mother****ing way this was possible.

Turns out it is.

How in the world? That steel is 300 yards away. The dot is off by about 4 MOA in windage at least. I am not too concerned with the elevation since they are zeroed at different distances but the windage is crazy.

How on earth is that even possible?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You got me, 1 moa maybe but 4 is wtf? Parallax possible but not 4moa. That has to be frustrating, because when the stars don't align, Im bothered. Im annoyed today when its hot as fck ( sorta) and my DOPE is off because the ammo got cooked.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You got me, 1 moa maybe but 4 is wtf? Parallax possible but not 4moa. That has to be frustrating, because when the stars don't align, Im bothered. Im annoyed today when its hot as fck ( sorta) and my DOPE is off because the ammo got cooked.

PB
    No clue man. I would turn the dot off and ring steel with irons all day. Turn it on and look over the fixed BUIS and ring steel all day.

Looking through the rear peep to the front sight with the dot on confused the hell out of me. If I focused on the front sight, I hit the steel. If I put the dot on the target. I hit the steel. I knew I shouldn’t have dated that Vicky Vallencourt lookalike.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wtf. That makes no sense.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    No clue man. I would turn the dot off and ring steel with irons all day. Turn it on and look over the fixed BUIS and ring steel all day.

Looking through the rear peep to the front sight with the dot on confused the hell out of me. If I focused on the front sight, I hit the steel. If I put the dot on the target. I hit the steel. I knew I shouldn’t have dated that Vicky Vallencourt lookalike.
    Vicky is your girl, good for you. That is quite puzzling, I mean crazy interesting , I look forward to hearing those that can explain.

Ive never seen it in many rifles.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Your head has to be in the same position behind the optic it was when the carbine was zeroed when making precision shots.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Its parallax or some other optical reason. I noticed the same thing but just ignored it and everything was fine for both red dot and irons.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What RDS is that?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    What RDS is that?
    T1 2 MOA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The irons and the AP are probably mounted ever so slight out of line on the rifle. Maybe tolerance stacking. In other words the receiver pic rail isn't in perfect alignment with the irons, maybe the irons are off center by a mil or two. You don't notice it when using the different sights individually since you're eye is so close to both and you can get a zero with both.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast