Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LMT MRPs - worth the expense?

Feedback Score
    For that price get a DDM4V11 or something, perhaps an LWRC DI if one is on sale or a used Noveske. I consider Daniel defense to be a great gun but if you want premium Noveske is very hard to beat as is LWRC if you prefer piston driven guns, at the custom level KAC is considered by many to be the best.

I have been underwhelmed by LMT and POF to be honest.

Feedback Score
    Came on here to post a question on LMT barrels and saw this thread, hope y'all don't mind my tagging on a Q. I own several MRP's and 5.56 barrels in varying lengths. I have a couple FN CHF barrels and have been mulling over having them converted to MRP compatibility because: I found an old thread (2011) on this forum from some users claiming the MRP barrels were only lasting 5k rounds. This sounded a bit crazy to me. My most used barrel has only 2k down it.

Can any long term MRP owners speak to the longevity of the barrels? Vary curios before I invest in converting FN barrels

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    LMT makes goods for Mil. There is no way their beefy , built like a tank barrels only last 5,000 rounds. Just not possible.

All their products are high quality, ultra reliable and built to last. I like the quick change barrel concept. I bought a 6.5 barrel to match my 308, but ended up building another gun. But it did allow me to dabble in 6.5 before going all in, which I did.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd be stunned if an MRP started keyholing, or even had degraded accuracy to any real measurable extent at 5k rounds.

Heat kills barrels faster than any other aspect to my understanding, and there is no AR 15 barrel that inherently dissipates more heat than a MRP barrel when locked into the chassis (the chassis is one big heat sink.)combined with it's profile, and materials used.

I have MRP barrels with thousands of rounds on them, and I can't tell a difference in their today vs. when they were new. I don't think I've put 10k on a MRP barrel yet though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Absolutely worth it. I have multiple MRP’s and they are all fantastic platforms. I don’t swap barrels but I appreciate the ability to. It’s nice for a deep cleaning of the barrel.

What I like most about the MRP upper is how extremely rigid and durable they are. Compare hand guard deflection on a sr15 and a MRP and the knights looks like a cheap toy in comparison.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hypno02 View Post
    Compare hand guard deflection on a sr15 and a MRP and the knights looks like a cheap toy in comparison.
    Which KAC handguard was this? If it's the URX 4, colored me surprised.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The MRP has pro’s and con’s just like any other rifle design. If it has features you like and you really think you will use, then it’s worth it for you. If you don’t think you need or will really use the MRP’s unique features and don’t want the added complexity, weight and price tag, then it probably is not worth it to you. I think it is a decent rifle that gives some people another option. And there is nothing wrong in that.
    Last edited by Biggy; 04-12-19 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    The MRP has pro’s and con’s just like any other rifle design. If it has features you like and you really think you will use, then it’s worth it for you. If you don’t think you need or will really use the MRP’s unique features and don’t want the added complexity, weight and price tag, then it probably is not worth it to you. I think it is a decent rifle that gives some people another option. And there is nothing wrong in that.
    The mlok version even in rifle length is surprisingly light. Complete $449 upper +350 barrel +165 BCG +41 TLCH +350 Lower. I have more in the lower Geissele SSA and B5 SOPMOD but all LMT = $1355 give or take.

Feedback Score
    I have 3 MRP uppers and love them. Mine are all old quad rails and the just work, and work, and work. My favorite AR is a 14.5" with a pined BE Meyers flash hider. It is old, beat up, the finish is wearing off, and I love it. If I had to walk out the door with one rifle. That is the one I would take. I have many thousands of rounds in this upper. I also have 10.5" and a 16". In my opinion they are worth the cost.
    I am just a regular guy, trying not to screw things up too much.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falshooter View Post
    For that price get a DDM4V11 or something, perhaps an LWRC DI if one is on sale or a used Noveske. I consider Daniel defense to be a great gun but if you want premium Noveske is very hard to beat as is LWRC if you prefer piston driven guns, at the custom level KAC is considered by many to be the best.

I have been underwhelmed by LMT and POF to be honest.
    You'd be a fool to take a CL'd DD over a CL'd MRP. What does a DD offer over a LMT? Gay Cerakote?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast