Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LMT MRPs - worth the expense?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Which KAC handguard was this? If it's the URX 4, colored me surprised.
    It was a couple years back when I was still in the industry. I'm assuming it was their most recent URX. Like any FF handguard once you get out there to 13-15" that thing deflects like a mofo. I don't care if it's a KAC, DD, Bcm, or MI. MRP on the other hand--not so much.

*edited to fix dislexia

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hypno02 View Post
    It was a couple years back when I was still in the industry. I'm assuming it was their most recent URX. Like any FF handguard once you get out there to 13-15" that thing deflects like a mofo. I don't care if it's a KAC, DD, Bcm, or MI. MRP on the other hand--not so much.

*edited to fix dislexia
    I'm surprised because the newest series have an integrated barrel nut, which gets rid of one of the main sources of deflection. The URX 3.1, I can see.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I'm a fan of the LMT MRP.

Perhaps a bit on the heavy side compared to a pencil barrel/ultra thin rail, but the weight doesn't bother me. The monolithic upper and upper to lower fit give these rifles that one piece solidity that I prefer. Are the MRPs measurably more durable than non-monolithic uppers? Perhaps not, but once you a reach an acceptable baseline of reliability/durability you can buy what you like.

Last edited by Spatten; 05-09-19 at 18:06.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nice family....MRPs breed other MRPs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Nice family....MRPs breed other MRPs

I like your style.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with mono uppers, but doesn't seem to offer DISTINCT advantage over reg. uppers regarding deflection.

FWIW I own an MWS and ACC. Have nothing but love for LMT. Seems to prefer FGMM 175's over 168's. As does ACC.

Feedback Score
    FYI for those interested in LMT MRP platform and saving some dough, their slick side 5.56 and .308 MRP chassis are on sale on their site.

Feedback Score
    I recently got both a MWS along with a MRP 5.56 upper, very happy with this choice. Can’t go wrong, is costly but look out for those sales and deals.
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hypno02 View Post
    You'd be a fool to take a CL'd DD over a CL'd MRP. What does a DD offer over a LMT? Gay Cerakote?
    I know the company that does the cerakote, and there work is very much sub par. The employees dont care about the quality of work they do. Lmt is far higher quality from the samples I have been able to compare. There is a reason the mrp is still around with minimal change is a testament to the quality.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123