Some of you may remember that I had my custom Wilson CQB stolen in a burglary 3 years ago. I figured it would come back eventually and it has. I believe this may be a cursed item. The kid whole stole it was caught almost immediately, and later committed suicide. The guy who had it got in a horrible car wreck and they found my gun. I think I am going to call this gun Christine

Well, it is a rusty mess. I do not think this gun was in the care of a gun afficinado, and the original two magazines were still with it (humorously the cops tried to give me a 40 cal high capacity pro-mag along with it, and I was like...I don't do promag ma'am. LOL). It was filthy on the inside and rusty all over. Not DEEP nasty rust, but it was clear it had been allowed to dry out and later the humidity got to it. There was rust , especially around the bushing oddly. But I Brought home and gave it a general cleaning and fired the 16 rounds that came with it (random ball) and 50 rounds of Blazer Brass and it seems as good as ever. Now I need to figure out if I can get rid of all this rust with steel wool, if so, I will just chalk it up to character wear....

Rusty 1911 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr