Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My stolen Wilson Combat came back...RUSTED! (cue "love shack")

Feedback Score
    Glad you got your property back Greg, keep us posted on what you end up doing with it.

While not normally the superstitious type, I have been accused of being overly cautious at times. I personally would reach out to the authorities and find out if the gun was ballistically tested against the data base, and if it was not I would find a way to make it happen, just to make sure there are no underlying demons associated with that piece that could come back to haunt me later legally.

I fully recognize that I am probably alone on that thought train.

Then I would probably just make sure it is GTG internally and skip the refinish option as the gun has stories to tell as it sits.

But I am weird that way.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

While not normally the superstitious type, I have been accused of being overly cautious at times. I personally would reach out to the authorities and find out if the gun was ballistically tested against the data base, and if it was not I would find a way to make it happen, just to make sure there are no underlying demons associated with that piece that could come back to haunt me later legally.

I fully recognize that I am probably alone on that thought train.

But I am weird that way.
    You're not the only one. Read my post above, I went further and suggest he sell the gun after having it restored.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glad to see you got it back and didn't have to pop the sob. Kind of think if WC gets it, they'll do it very nicely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    You're not the only one. Read my post above, I went further and suggest he sell the gun after having it restored.
    Sorry, I missed the "bad juju" part the first time around. I am with you. The gun would always have a weird vibe in my world.

But I fully recognize that others would have no problem with it, and they are not wrong either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Sorry, I missed the "bad juju" part the first time around. I am with you. The gun would always have a weird vibe in my world.

But I fully recognize that others would have no problem with it, and they are not wrong either.
    You know I would never ever have brought it up, but I get a weird vibe from my PA State Police surplus Colt 6520. I used to work in law enforcement so it can't be an anti-cop vibe on my part. Since it was assigned to some podunk precinct in rural PA I doubt it was ever used to take a life. Still, the rifle gives me a weird sensation whenever I handle it.

This stuff is real whether you believe it or not. I am a little superstitious toward things that can have an "energy", so maybe that's it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    You know I would never ever have brought it up, but I get a weird vibe from my PA State Police surplus Colt 6520. I used to work in law enforcement so it can't be an anti-cop vibe on my part. Since it was assigned to some podunk precinct in rural PA I doubt it was ever used to take a life. Still, the rifle gives me a weird sensation whenever I handle it.

This stuff is real whether you believe it or not. I am a little superstitious toward things that can have an "energy", so maybe that's it.
    It is what you make it. Chunk of plastic and metal has no energy one way or the other.

Also, what part of Pa?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'll pile on another bad juju story, sorry to veer off the road Greg.

I was at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, where MLK, Jr. was assassinated. The bad vibe was all over me. These feelings were not of mine, it felt like the feelings surrounded me, flowed through me. The feelings of anger, hatred, sadness, fear, loss and pure evil. I felt like that the whole time I was there and it went away after we left the area. I've been in worse places, yes worse places, places where people were imprisoned, tortured and beaten to death. I never felt anything like that time I was at the Lorraine.

OK, that's enough.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I see it differently, more of a good luck gun. Kinda like Lone Survivor’s SR15 SPR.

Just bounces around and lands right by your hand. Fix it , keep it, shoot it, welcome it home.

PB

Feedback Score
    Belle Vernon, PA is where my 6520 came from.

On the rust issue: What I like about my Break Free technique is that Break Free is a penetrant, so it will get into the tiniest nooks and crannies and coat even areas that might have hidden rust.

I do want to emphasize that you need to leave it in the Break Free bath for a considerable period of time. Weeks is not too much. And don't be afraid to have to start with fresh Break Free and redo it a few times. I was thinking about this after posting my original response and I think the most I ever had to coat it, discard the Break Free, and start over with fresh Break Free was three times over about as many months. The parts came out clean of rust with nice, shiny spots where the rust used to be. I was very happy with the result.
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 03-26-19 at 14:54.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am going to try the Break Free method.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast