Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EoTech!

Feedback Score

EoTech!

Working on my build and am at that oh so familiar point of carefully choosing some optics...fan of the EOtech...any recommendations?

Feedback Score
    I would say go with the Eotech. I currently own the 553 and enjoy it. I like how it is on a build in riser and uses the CR123 batteries.

Feedback Score

EoTech!

I agree on the 553 after researching! The built in riser really makes things a lot nicer and gives everything a more sturdy feel! Thanks for the info!

Feedback Score

If you are flexible on the batteries. Look at the AA battery fed 552 model with a La Rue mount if you want sturdy. AA batteries are available everywhere.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score

512 & 552

My decision to go with either the 552 or the 512 was based entirely on the availability of the batteries. I was dead set on getting the LaRue EOTech mount before I was set on which EOTech model.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    I'm an iron site shooter. However I see the need for some type of optic. I have no experience with EOTech is one model more perfered than others?

Feedback Score

Depends on your needs.

It really depends on your needs. If you want NV capabilities, if you have a desire to use AA, N, or CR123 batteries, if you want a built in riser, they have taken these things into consideration and produced a model for your specific needs. They're preferred because they are the fastest weapon sights for CQB, where the M4 thrives in that environment.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo58
    My decision to go with either the 552 or the 512 was based entirely on the availability of the batteries. I was dead set on getting the LaRue EOTech mount before I was set on which EOTech model.
    Sounds like me. I have had a LaRue 30mm SPR mount for awhile now. No scope yet

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I had the 553 and it was a nice sight but I prefer the 512 and Larue mount is the way to go. I sold it and went back to the 512/Larue setup. The ARMS mount was OK but limited the mounting position moreso than the Larue does.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Zero
    If you are flexible on the batteries. Look at the AA battery fed 552 model with a La Rue mount if you want sturdy. AA batteries are available everywhere.
    +1

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast