Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoothing out the 11.5

Feedback Score

Smoothing out the 11.5

So I’m thinking of smoothing the 11.5 recoil out and there are tons of options out there but I wanted to ask opinions. The list is short but big players
    1. VLTOR A5
    2. Geiselle super 42
    3. Ferfans bcg
    4. Surefire OBG

I figured someone here has atleast played with most or some of these. I’ve had an A5 and I like it but just wondering if the other offerings are worth the coin

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What buffer and spring are you running in it now?

Feedback Score
    I have an A5 on one lower but the lower that’s getting NFAd is a stock KAC lower. Not sure if I wanna move stuff around or what

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A properly gassed 11.5 CAR runs pretty well.

Sounds like your barrel may be over gassed.

Heavier buffers are not the best way to compensate for over gassing; correcting the gas drive is the best way.

We have several options for correcting gas drive.

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...=0&sort=normal
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I mean it’s a KAC 11.5 doesn’t feel over gassed, I just wouldn’t mind smoothing it out more if it can be done

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Howdy, this is just my 1/2 cents worth and a sample of two. I have 2 11.5in sbr's. They are both Noveske chainsaw uppers and lowers. The fcg/lpk for both came from white oak armament. Both barrels are Daniel Defense circa 2012 with gas ports measuring .076 both have AAC blackout flash hiders and this is where they diverge. One has a std BCM re running their std carbine spring and an H2 buffer, the other sbr is running the Vltor A5 with their std spring and the 5.3oz buffer. It runs much smoother than the std carbine re. My sons and everyone else who has fired these two sbrs make the same observation that the Vltor re is much smoother. YMMV but I hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For several years, I’ve been very pleased using a VLTOR A5, and a BattleComp compensator on two different 11.5 rifles.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    My 11.5 was nice with the A5 and AH4
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    Yeah I’m leaning towards just staying with the A5. When I had my 416 it smoothed that beast out tremendously

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a couple of 11.5" uppers, both suppressed. Both are smoother with the A5 RE, A5H2 buffer and Sprinco green spring than with an H2. In fact, all my uppers are smoother with the A5 setup. But more important than the choice between an H2 or A5H2 buffer, is getting the gas drive right. If an upper is over gassed, recoil is going to be harsh no matter what buffer & spring is used.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast