Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smoothing out the 11.5

Feedback Score
    Yeah seems like the genral vote is A5. I think I’ll stay there. Seems like a better roll of the dice to be honest

Feedback Score

Cool

I have the Geissele Super 42 in my 11.5" BCM AR pistol. Not a lot of rounds through it (under 500) but it works fine with no problems. I had a few ejection problems early on but that was gone around 50 rounds or so.

AR_PISTb.jpg

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    At the advice of Mr. Larson, I am running an LMT enhanced bolt carrier with BCM bolt and parts, green Sprinco spring, A5 buffer tube with A5-2 buffer with a BCM 12.5" upper. I have only shot it with M855, XM197, Fed Gold Medal Match 77gr and Fed AE 62gr & 55gr. So far it has eaten everything without a hiccup and shoots pretty dang smooth.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I'll be bringing one of my SBR's with me since the new 5320.20 approval times are taking less than 14 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieB View Post
    At the advice of Mr. Larson, I am running an LMT enhanced bolt carrier with BCM bolt and parts, green Sprinco spring, A5 buffer tube with A5-2 buffer with a BCM 12.5" upper. I have only shot it with M855, XM197, Fed Gold Medal Match 77gr and Fed AE 62gr & 55gr. So far it has eaten everything without a hiccup and shoots pretty dang smooth.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Op, by “smoothing out” do you mean shoot flatter? I’ve got a 12.5” and 10.5” and both run smooth with green Sprinco springs and H2 weights. Action is reliable in both. I’d direct smoothing to the exit point. What muzzle device are you using? I find a good break to have more affect on flatter shooting than slowing my action. Another area for recoil management is weight. I prefer light quad rails over slim, ultra light tubular rails. For me, the few extra ounces yield flatter shots and quicker follow ups. What’s the rest of your build?
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    Op, by “smoothing out” do you mean shoot flatter?
    I took him to mean, less felt recoil/quicker return to target.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    “Smoothing out” appears to be M4c code for reducing recoil. I was reading an older thread on here yesterday about a buffer designed to reduce recoil. Everyone was jumping on the don’t be such a sissy bandwagon. Because the OP used the word recoil. There were even posters stating that the rifle has none.

But if you say “smoother”, the same people come out of the woodwork with compensators, gas port dimensions, A5 buffers, PMC Bronze, and rainbow colored action springs.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    “Smoothing out” appears to be M4c code for reducing recoil. I was reading an older thread on here yesterday about a buffer designed to reduce recoil. Everyone was jumping on the don’t be such a sissy bandwagon. Because the OP used the word recoil. There were even posters stating that the rifle has none.

But if you say “smoother”, the same people come out of the woodwork with compensators, gas port dimensions, A5 buffers, PMC Bronze, and rainbow colored action springs.
    You are not reducing recoil, you are smoothing the curve so it has a lower peak.

Some people call it ‘felt recoil’, but Its best to avoid feelings and quantify it.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-29-19 at 12:22.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post

A buffer cannot reduce recoil unless it adds mass to the rifle. However, it can soften recoil. It can make the recoil feel smoother. Softening and smoothing recoil helps the shooter control recoil better.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Get a gemtech suppressed bolt

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast