Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ejection angle?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I only take ejector pattern as guide. For me as long ejection is between 2 to 5 o'clock and throw at least yard away prone its fine as long recoil is reasonable not too jarring or featherweight I look for issue by feel of recoil, check ejector, extractor tension by hand. Your rifle gi spring would be too weak for my liking I like higher poundage from springco. Ejection direction can sweep as mag run from full to empty. Mid length gas is very capable of beng overgassed still I wouldnt be surprised if gas port is larger for reliablity with weaker ammo. Then there's also different pressure curve between ammo some taper off quicker than other. Even how you hold the rifle from tight to loose would change ejection direction. In my opinion when your rifle shooting that hot xm193 in that very circumstance YES frankly your rifle is definitely over gassed for that specific ammo pressure. I wouldnt be afraid to shoot 10k+ of that hot ammo from zero round count as long bolt is quality mil spec 158cm hpt/mpt shot penned but if I plan to I would either get adjustable gas block or make my buffer heavier and replace spring for higher poundage one. But if I only plan to do few hundred now and then of those hot ammo I wouldnt change a thing if I had your build.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have never had my ejection pattern "sweep" as I went from full to empty mag...

I tend to agrer with what more than one of the SME's here has said: who cares what angle you're ejecting at, as long as it's not some crazy direction outside of the norm.

I personally prefer a rifle, or carbine, to be slightly overgassed, to hopefully ensure reliability over a wide range of ammo and conditions, than to have a gun perfectly tailored to a certain load, only to say "well, it purrs like a kitten with whatnot, but won't reliably cycle such-and-such".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123