Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do I buy a sub machine gun?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How do I buy a sub machine gun?

The wife gave me the green light to purchase a Thompson sub machine gun. How do I actually do this? Do I need to hre someone to find one for me? Do I buy it under my family trust? I need almost a step by step instruction in this process.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Two ways:
    Find one that is not an sbr and fill out all NFA form 1 paperwork yourself, wait and then convert once you have an approved form 1.
    If you’re buying one already converted to an SBR, that would be a form 4. Obviously, any full auto trigger pack would require an additional form, money and wait time.

My recommendation is to do some research on the NFA regs and speak with an NFA attorney on what is the best route for you relative to which way to file.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glock21xxx View Post
    Two ways:
    Find one that is not an sbr and fill out all NFA form 1 paperwork yourself, wait and then convert once you have an approved form 1.
    If you’re buying one already converted to an SBR, that would be a form 4. Obviously, any full auto trigger pack would require an additional form, money and wait time.

My recommendation is to do some research on the NFA regs and speak with an NFA attorney on what is the best route for you relative to which way to file.
    Maybe you want to do some research on the NFA regs and realize you can’t file a Form 1 to make a machinegun?

And the fact you don’t need an SBR stamp for a MG.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 03-26-19 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Maybe you want to do some research on the NFA regs and realize you can’t file a Form 1 to make a machinegun?

And the fact you don’t need an SBR stamp for a MG.
    I stated “an additional form” and my original statement was made relative to an SBR, but I can see the confusion the statement created.

Feedback Score
    Two ways:

There is no legal way to build a machine gun on a form 1, period.

The only way for a private individual to legally acquire a machine gun is to locate a transferable machine gun for sale, and go through the necessary steps to purchase it.
    Or, find someone to bequeath it to you, and wait, and then go through the necessary steps.

If, in your search of one to buy, you see "post sample", move on. It is not transferable, and cannot be purchased by private individuals.
    Yes, it sucks, since they will be so much cheaper.

A search will find sites where they are bought/sold. A search will find the process you will need to follow, both in state, and from another state.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    67 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post

The only way for a private individual to legally acquire a machine gun is to locate a transferable machine gun for sale, and go through the necessary steps to purchase it.
    Or, find someone to bequeath it to you, and wait, and then go through the necessary steps.

If, in your search of one to buy, you see "post sample", move on. It is not transferable, and cannot be purchased by private individuals.
    Yes, it sucks, since they will be so much cheaper.

A search will find sites where they are bought/sold. A search will find the process you will need to follow, both in state, and from another state.
    I stated “an additional form” and my original statement was made relative to an SBR, but I can see the confusion the statement created.

Feedback Score
    Relative to an sbr? They are not related, at all. Machine guns do not have any defining factors on barrel length or overall length.

An additional form? Such as what, exactly? There is no additional form. A private individual cannot legally make a machine gun, period. There are no forms that will change that. It has been this way since may of 1986.

Only an 07 with an sot can make a machine gun, and any they make are not transferable, which means they cannot be sold to a private individual.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not true. See box 1b on F1. Would be a post-sample though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Not true. See box 1b on F1. Would be a post-sample though.
    You actually believe that an individual will get an approval to make a machine gun on behalf of the Fed gov?
    Besides, it only says tax free, it says nothing about machine guns.
    Last edited by Gunfixr; 03-29-19 at 22:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You actually believe that an individual will get an approval to make a machine gun on behalf of the Fed gov?
    Besides, it only says tax free, it says nothing about machine guns.
    The original comment I responded to was, "There is no legal way to build a machine gun on a form 1, period." So yes, I know for a fact it is possible and has happened, that a machine gun can lawfully made on a form 1 today. With that said, I should have said 1C, not 1B, as I am only aware of State entities making them and not Fed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast