Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ruger Makes an AR Pistol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's something for those of us who think the Ruger is a bit too pedestrian:

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/ARP-Tac...ctinfo/ARP295/
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have AR pattern pistols in 9mm and 300, 5.56 is an SBR. I still look at my AR pistols as more range toys than anything else. They wouldn't be my first choice for serious uses. I know many who prefer them and that's OK with me but if I'm buying a cheap pistol in AR pattern it's going to be PSA instead of Ruger. I've still got two 10-22's and I'll keep them but over the last 30 plus years Ruger has consistently left a bad feeling with me. When their AR's first came out I had to repair several for friends. I just don't prefer to them to other similarly priced items.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    An interesting example, but I would not buy this, not my style. My passion is revolvers and guns. Although the idea of this model in the form of a modification looks good, something is missing.

Feedback Score
    More choice can't be all bad.

Feedback Score
    I bought a Ruger 5.56 pistol. Then I bought a PSA 300 Blk Out upper for it. I definitely like it better in the 300 BO caliber, but I wish I would have waited because shortly afterward, Ruger came out with a 300 BO pistol. Probably would have bought that in the first place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SELFDEFENSE View Post
    More choice can't be all bad.
    +1
    having more choices is never a bad thing

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I have AR pattern pistols in 9mm and 300, 5.56 is an SBR. I still look at my AR pistols as more range toys than anything else. They wouldn't be my first choice for serious uses. I know many who prefer them and that's OK with me but if I'm buying a cheap pistol in AR pattern it's going to be PSA instead of Ruger. I've still got two 10-22's and I'll keep them but over the last 30 plus years Ruger has consistently left a bad feeling with me. When their AR's first came out I had to repair several for friends. I just don't prefer to them to other similarly priced items.
    In my opinion, you can build a better "cheap" 5.56 pistol than you can buy, but I agree the PSA is probably superior to the Ruger.

I built my Mixmaster pistol using poverty pony upper and lower receivers, clearance ALG rail, BA Hanson barrel on sale, TC nitride BCG, PSA fire control parts, and a used Shockwave brace with RE. Not the best parts, but the carefully assembled final product is superior to a Ruger or PSA for my purposes. The pistol is reliable, fun, and not ridiculously overgassed.

If I needed a short AR for serious purposes, I would buy a Colt/LMT/BCM/Sionics, etc. and SBR it.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-26-19 at 07:38.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456