Thread: EDC Tanto via JP Bladesmithing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

EDC Tanto via JP Bladesmithing

Just got this EDC tanto. Here's a comparison pic with my daily EDC for size comparison. Note the blades are the same length (3.5"), even though the tonto appears smaller. It's made of 80crv2 spring steel. The handle ergos are excellent for my medium sized hands, although I think the knife could benefit from some jimping for an even more positive grip;

https://www.jpbladesmithing.com/list...tion-tanto-edc

Carry wise, it drops into a pocket comfortably, and even in the sheath, thinner than that BM folder and all but disappears. The minimalist sheath is set up for IWB, which is a nice touch and smart idea. A fixed blade EDC is always a tough balance between size and comfort and concealability, this knife strikes that balance very well. I carried a ESEE Knives Izula-II, which I liked, but the blade length 2.63″ just a tad small for my uses. For me, the optimal fixed EDC is 3.5 - 4.00" to act like a "real" knife in most situations. but that's me, so take for what it's worth, but there seems a "Goldilocks" range of 3"-4" for a fixed EDC that's comfortable and easy to conceal, but do what you need it to do beyond say opening letters...

EDC.jpg

I like utilitarian tools over flash (be they tool watches, firearms, etc) for a fair price for quality, and considering these are hand fashioned knives, and I'd say JP Bladesmithing has accomplished that.

If this knife was not designed specifically for EDC, a beefier handle would be nice, but not necessary per se.

I took it on a recent trip to Panama and it was a great little companion. I may be doing some collaborative blade with him as I forwarded some thoughts on my suggestions for turning this great little EDC into something even better.

Stay tuned
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-29-19 at 08:39.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”