Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EDC Tanto via JP Bladesmithing

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    Fantastic thread, Will. Those are amazing knives and prices for handmade, USA, clean lines, quality materials. I like the hunter tip version, and just ordered it based on your description for EDC.
    Great! I hope you let him know where/how you heard about his stuff. I think you'll be happy with the choice too. We are supposed to be collaborating on something, but not sure what the status is on that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes, I will let them know you recommended these for EDC. I have been ruminating along these lines for a while but you put all the key points to words very well. I sort of like the Mora knives as a general purpose handy knife but I have never seen an IWB sheath for them, and without a full shank they would never stand up to hard emergency use. I also think the Mora steel may be more brittle than this spring steel in the JP knives. It sharpens well but I doubt they can stand the same hard use and that is probably why they don't bother with a full shank. Very handy sizes in the 3"-4" as you mentioned, but not in the same league.

Seeing these quality knives AND a nice pocket/IWB sheath is a real find.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BTW, just noting that this JP knife purchase is from the some of the funds I had budgeted for a Benchmade Volli or Mini-Barrage until they showed their stupid. A different direction but interesting to try this out for EDC as IWB. Not sure how that will work out with my pistol IWB, but thinking to carry it on my off side.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    BTW, just noting that this JP knife purchase is from the some of the funds I had budgeted for a Benchmade Volli or Mini-Barrage until they showed their stupid. A different direction but interesting to try this out for EDC as IWB. Not sure how that will work out with my pistol IWB, but thinking to carry it on my off side.
    I just drop it in a front pocket and it disappears and is comfortable if/when not using the IWB option.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yes, I will let them know you recommended these for EDC. I have been ruminating along these lines for a while but you put all the key points to words very well. I sort of like the Mora knives as a general purpose handy knife but I have never seen an IWB sheath for them, and without a full shank they would never stand up to hard emergency use. I also think the Mora steel may be more brittle than this spring steel in the JP knives. It sharpens well but I doubt they can stand the same hard use and that is probably why they don't bother with a full shank. Very handy sizes in the 3"-4" as you mentioned, but not in the same league.

Seeing these quality knives AND a nice pocket/IWB sheath is a real find.
    So? What's your status on the above?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123