Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Flash hider torque specs that cause accuracy issues

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Just as an FYI, some suppressor manufacturers do not make a 5/8x24 muzzle device for their 556 cans.
    I doubt I'd ever buy a 5.56 can again anyway. Larger bore cans work every bit as well on 5.56 and can be run on the larger caliber guns too.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I doubt I'd ever buy a 5.56 can again anyway. Larger bore cans work every bit as well on 5.56 and can be run on the larger caliber guns too.
    Same here. I'm over 9 months into a wait for my first suppressor, and wishing I'd bought a 308 can. Now I'll have to buy a 308 can before I get to a 22lr can.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Same here. I'm over 9 months into a wait for my first suppressor, and wishing I'd bought a 308 can. Now I'll have to buy a 308 can before I get to a 22lr can.
    I think today is the last day for the Sandman-k at $569... Just sayin'

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sig and Surefire don't have solutions for 5.56 on 5/8-24, but pretty much everyone else does.

Both our 16" LPR and 14.0/14.5" MPC barrels have 1/2-28 threads, so there are OPTIMUM barrel options for users that need to stay with traditional threads for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Just as an FYI, some suppressor manufacturers do not make a 5/8x24 muzzle device for their 556 cans. IMO I think you would be way better off doing a taper with 1/2x28 vs eliminating a whole group from buying your barrels because they don't have the proper thread pitch.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Interesting result. I’ve over torqued a couple with questionable affect on accuracy but nothing as severe as 30”. I typically install them to the spec recommended the MD manufacturer with the shim provided or SF shim kits then Rocksett.

One interesting twist I’ve found over the years when switching MDs around or reconfiguring an upper...

I’ll check thing with a suppressor alignment rod to ensure concentricity and sure enough it’ll be off. I presume it’s from Rocksett residue from the previous install. Now I’ve come to chasing the threads in the brake and on the barrel to ensure all residue is gone and the threads are “virgin”. Works every time.

I agree. I think your MD was bad in some respect though you could have “choked” your rifle some. Lol.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234