Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega 300 question

Feedback Score

Omega 300 question

Hello, im looking to get my first suppressor and have really been looking into the silencerco omega 300. I was wondering if anyone here has any time with it and could give a word on how it does? I would be running it on 5.56, 300 blk, 6.5 creedmoor/grendel. Was looking for a good all around suppressor and am liking the look of this one. But want to get some actual user input before i begin my process, Thanks! all my current guns also have the ASR muzzle devices already on them which is also why i lean towards silencerco products.

Feedback Score
    It’s a great can. Even better with a YHM Mount, but that won’t do you much good since you need ASR.

I currently run mine on a PS90 SBR, using a Ti DT Mount and a Ti 5.56 flat end cap. But it’s about to get moved over to my son’s first AR.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Another happy owner here. Sits full-time on my BCM 300BLK upper mated to a Sionics blem lower. I love its versatility and it will some day sit on my long-desired 308 rifle.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I use it have used it on all the calibers that you mentioned- it’s a great can as far as POI shift and weight and size goes. I actually like it best in direct thread configuration on a precision/hunting rifle. That said, I’m not sure I would buy another due to the method of construction- The outer sleeve is glued on the baffle stack. It is known to become detached and will slide off with both the endcap and muzzle attachment removed. This happened to me and is a commonly reported issue.

The Omega checks a lot of boxes as a do-it-all can but I’ve since moved on to non-modular designs

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    It's an ok can. I use mine from direct thread to 51t with an adapter I procured. The direct thread option is nice. To my ears it sounds very close to the aac sdn6. I don't think I would buy it again, especially now. There are so many better cans in the market.

Feedback Score
    Go with the Dead Air Nomad and you'll be a lot happier with overall performance. You can still use the ASR on it.
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Forgot to add, if you do end up with an Omega, go with Dead Air’s Key-Mo mounts. Much more secure and easier to use

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post
    Go with the Dead Air Nomad and you'll be a lot happier with overall performance. You can still use the ASR on it.
    When you say it can still be used with my ASR mount, do I need to by a silencer co mount to go with it? Or will there KeyMo mounts work with all my muzzle devices I have? Not really looking to change all my current ASR devices

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by colt107 View Post
    When you say it can still be used with my ASR mount, do I need to by a silencer co mount to go with it? Or will there KeyMo mounts work with all my muzzle devices I have? Not really looking to change all my current ASR devices
    The Nomad has the same threads as the Omega, so you can use the Omega ASR module to attach to all your current muzzle devices.

Feedback Score
    Just a thought: The titanium sleeve does not appear to be structurally important to the Omega. It looks to me like a device for holding the serial number, essentially meaning that there is no likely user damage that would make the can difficult to repair from a legal standpoint. The baffle stack is circumferentially welded and handles all the pressure. Even if a round exits the side of the can, you can buff out around the hole in the Ti sleeve, replace the baffle stack, and be back in business.
    Last edited by Aries144; 04-01-19 at 22:13. Reason: stupid autocorrect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast